Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle Acting Weirdly

Shuffle Acting Weirdly

I have premium and use on my phone. I don't know if this is a bug, but my playlist of over 4,000 songs doesn't seem to play songs randomly with shuffle is on. I started noticing this recently and documented which songs were being played. It's the same songs from the same albums instead of a truly random algorithm. Does anyone know how to fix this?

3 Replies

Hey @JDOG_TD 

By any chance did you queue up multiple songs? If so usually the shuffle won't shuffle until you have finished your queue. To clear your queue click on the three dots on any song and click on go to queue. There you can clear all the queues. Just a heads up you must be looking at the song itself, not the playlist to get to the queue list.

Keanu_C

Noticed this too and songs are definitely not songs queued.

Hey there @mduchezeau,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

It'd be helpful if you could try the troubleshooting steps in this Spotify Answer to double check if Shuffle is working normally.

If you see similar results after that, it'd be helpful if you could let us know if this happens in a specific playlist, device or when using Connect. If it occurs on a certain playlist, you could also include the URI of it so we can take a closer look.

@JDOG_TD : to add to what @Keanu_C mentions, you can find the steps on accessing your queued songs as well as clearing them in this support site article.

If you're still having troubles after that, make sure to try the steps mentioned above as well.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts