Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle Not Working When Connected to my 2015 Mazda CX-5

Shuffle Not Working When Connected to my 2015 Mazda CX-5

I have recently noticed that when I am connected to my vehicle via bluetooth, spotify rufuses to shuffle my library.  This issue has only recently started happening as I was previously able to shuffle my library while connected to my car.

5 Replies

Hi goro248!

You have good taste in cars and music services! 🙂 I had a CX-5 a couple years ago and now the Mazda3. The brand is very fun to drive!
I have always synced Spotify via Bluetooth in both, but have yet to see inability to shuffle. Are you shuffling directly from your phone or through the Mazda media center?
Also - just to rule it out - are you running the latest install of Spotify and your phone software?

Yes Spotify is up to date and I have been using the phone to shuffle. When I hit the shuffle button it does nothing and will continue to play alphabetically.

Hi again!

I should have also asked earlier - does this shuffle issue only occur in the car or are you able to shuffle normally when not on bluetooth?

Only when using this vehicles Bluetooth connection, I should add this is a recent problem and I was previously able to shuffle in this vehicle.

Hi again!

Have you tried reinstalling the Spotify app and/or disconnecting your Bluetooth link?
I am wondering if you reset the phone's connection to the Mazda's device memory if that would help.
I would start with the Spotify app first though just to see if that clears it up. 🙂

Suggested posts