Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify KEEPS ON logging me out of my iPhone and deleting all my offline songs

Spotify KEEPS ON logging me out of my iPhone and deleting all my offline songs

This problem has happened it seems to thousands of users and has happened to me dozens of times and nothing is done 

I pay premium subscription and then have to keep paying heavy data costs to re-download all the songs that Spotify keeps deleting off my phone when it logs me out

Please can Spotify tell me why this keeps happening (without telling me to update my ios and the latest version of Spotify - OBVIOUSLY I've done that) and why I should have to keep paying a premium service that constantly fails to deliver the premium service it claims to offer 

3 Replies

Hey @sethalex!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

In this case, we think that the cache of your devices might be duplicated and this could be causing the issue. To fix this up, please remove all your offline devices over here. Then, reinstall the app following these simple steps

This should fix the issue, but you need to remove the offline device before you reinstall the app. Keep in mind that you'll have to re-sync all your offline music once again.

Let us know how you get on 🙂
Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Hi I’ve been having the same issues and I followed those steps and it still keeps doing it. I really love this app and I pay premium but it’s getting really annoying having to redownload all of my music every time my phone dies or I have to turn it off. Is there another way to fix this issue? 

I have been having the same issue. I am usinf an ipod touch. I have a good many songs and it keeps kicking me out and I have to redownload the songs when I log back in. Has happened to me 3 times at least.

And of course, when it happens, I am not near wifi. So I have to wait til I get into a wifi before I can download.

Update: I contacted Spotify. They told me that it is because my device is not syncing with the account.

He had me delete the app, and then he removed the device from the account, then had me recownload the app, and log in.

I did have to go through the redownload of the songs, but when i redownloaded some, I logged out of the account and then logged back in, the songs stayed there.

I recommend that you contact them, it is a live chat with the agent.

Suggested posts