Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle mode turns off by itself when playing another song

Shuffle mode turns off by itself when playing another song

I would play a song, then turn on shuffle mode. Skipping a song/songs doesn't cancel shuffle mode, but manually picking another song does.

Plan

Premium

Device

(iPhone XR)

10 Replies

Hey there @ChoMiyeonLuvie,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Would you mind sharing the exact Spotify version you're running on your mobile device? 

On another note, and just to confirm, can you replicate this behavior on a different mobile device? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or friend to open your account and check.

Lastly, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please let us know. 

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

This has happened to my Spotify account as well when I turn on shuffle and when I play a song from my playlist it just turns off and it’s making me mad and I just want my shuffle to be fix

Hey @31otsxrq7bwlapgo6542,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Could you please share with us the exact steps, so we can try to reproduce the issue on our end? 

For example are you experiencing this when you pick a song from the same playlist or from another one? 

We'll be on the lookout for your response. 

LyubkaModerator

Plan

De primera calidad

País

México

dispositivo

Macbook Pro finales de 2016

sistema operativo

iOS 10

Mi pregunta o problema

When I was with the random playback in my playlist and I wanted to slow down a song, the random playback was canceled and the playback was automatically looped.

I am forced to stay in the app in order for the randomized button to stay on. If I leave the app it deselects.

Happened to me too. All you have to do is play a song, set it to shuffle, then click on another song manually and it’s gone. It’s very irritating having to remember to turn shuffle on again. Please fix this 😭

Hey @sirpeep,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

Since this issue is commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device, if you haven't tried before, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This process replaces corrupted files from previous updates and ensures you're running the latest version of the app. 

If the issue persists, would you mind checking on a different device as @AlejaR previously mentioned?

Also, since we couldn't reproduce the issue on our end, could you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to watch it).

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

IMG_9646.png

IMG_9647.png

IMG_9648.png

This only seems to happen in my liked songs and not in any other playlist I have. It happens whenever I start playing a song and go back to the Home Screen if shuffle was on then it would turn off as soon as I go back to my liked songs, this only happens with normal shuffle and not with the intelligent one. 
As the attachments can’t be videos I used 3 photos to give an idea of my problem.

I’m having this exact issue, Spotify support didn’t help too much, 3 days ago asked me to delete and reinstall the app, which I didn’t enjoy because i have 2000 songs downloaded, it worked, until today, now it’s playing up again, support told me it could be a bug

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Samsung S22

Operating System

Android 14

My Question or Issue

When I was listening to some spotify on my phone, I saw that my shuffle was turned off even though I have a free account, just wondering how this happens?

Suggested posts