Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sleep timer does not work with latest iOS version of Spotify

Sleep timer does not work with latest iOS version of Spotify

iPod Touch, latest generation.  When I set the timer on the iPod to stop playing and I am using Spotify, it will initially stop but then immediately starts playing again.  This is a new problem with the latest version of Spotify.  I tested it and the timer works fine with iTunes.  To check this, just set your sleep timer to one minute with Spotify playing.  Hopefully they will get this bug fixed.

43 Replies

Same on iPhone 4.

Really little but annoying gripe is this. I always used Spotify to listen to music on the way to dreamland. Now I can't as it wakes me mid sleep, it is a genuine annoyance and needs addressing quickly!

Hello,

I came across an email from a user about this today, and have escalated it our team of crack senior troubleshooters. When I have an update, I'll let you guys know.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I'm so glad this has been escalated! I've been trying to figure out how to use my iPod touch with Spotify as an alarm and sleep timer since I got it. It was disappointing to realize I JUST missed the simple sleep timer way, but look forward to hearing that issue is solved.

Spotify update - yes!! They will have fixed the sleep timer issue, no mention of it in the blurb but surely....surely?!?!

Nope - obviously not escalated high enough - the update does not fix the problem. Another month of this and im cancelling. If I can't use a premium service how I want to, it's not worth paying for.

Ugh... I'm disappointed it wasn't fixed, too.

To be fair though, this was probably escalated way too late to be implimented in THIS update. What I'm wondering is if it's a big enough issue that they'll push through an update specifically for it, when it is done?

Please do fix it!! Every night before going to sleep I check for the **bleep** update... but still have to go to sleep music-less... 😕

Yes, the same happens to me and it sucks! He spotify people! WAKE UP! 

New update today and still not fixed !!!!!! Most annoying... Does it have to do with the iOS software version?? Is there any other fix or it's just a spotify programmers' bug?? Please escalate it higher!!

Hello,

I checked with our top men and they said in regards to other things stopping Spotify, they haven't changed a thing. So, it might very well have to do with the iOS version. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks for the update, David. Do you think they'll take a look at making a change so that it does stop Spotify again?

Or may be even include a built in sleep timer settings within the app itself. 

Many thanks.

Ooooh, I like that idea, SurejNZ! I'd kinda hope if they could do that, an alarm can be build in, too. I've been wracking my brains trying to figure out how to use my Spotify music and iPod as an alarm.

That would be awesome if they could do that NYX. Kudos.

Hey!

I like the idea of a built in alarm... Could you make a thread about that over on our Ideas board? That way, we can better track such ideas, and users can add kudos - so we can see what is popular!

You can find the Ideas Board here - http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/idb-p/ideaexchange
Airhorn Enthusiast

Thank you David and Nyx. i will add the suggestion in the ideas section.

I have posted this new idea and I hope other users following this post will support this and Kudos it.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Built-in-sleep-timer/idi-p/86269

Just updated to iOS version 5.1.1. and it doesn't work, as it happened with v. 5.0.1. So the bug is NOT solved and it's pretty annoying, since it did worked before!! I have an iPhone 4, have the latest spotify version and hope this gets to a real troubleshooter at spotify who cares about users!! 😉
http://open.spotify.com/track/2CVqF1sLhwut4NiZxzNUnC

This app (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/music-sleep-timer/id320583424?mt=8) is a sleep timer that works with Spotify. It only works if you keep it unminimized, but for now it's solved the problem of music playing all night.

Even though this is marked as solved, I am experiencing the same issue discribed. IOS6, on iphone 5, the sleep timer does not stop the music once the timer finishes. It apears the timer does attempt to stop the playback, as audio does fade ouf momentarily when the timer finishes, but quickly continues playing right as it finishes fading out.

Suggested posts