Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sleep timer does not work with latest iOS version of Spotify

Sleep timer does not work with latest iOS version of Spotify

iPod Touch, latest generation.  When I set the timer on the iPod to stop playing and I am using Spotify, it will initially stop but then immediately starts playing again.  This is a new problem with the latest version of Spotify.  I tested it and the timer works fine with iTunes.  To check this, just set your sleep timer to one minute with Spotify playing.  Hopefully they will get this bug fixed.

43 Replies

I've moved down to unlimited now and possibly will switch to free. The service just isn't worth £9.99 anymore. Especially since little things like this haven't been fixed!

I use a third party app that closes Spotify after the countdown completes. It's just called 'Sleep Timer' in the App Store, and it works every time.

I've been using the music sleep timer from Jason Everett like most others until now. I've just noticed tonight ( mainly because Jason's app no longer works in iOS8, though he's working on it) that the Stock IOS8 sleep timer function in Clock now does work fully with spotify finally. I've tested it on iPad mini and iPhone 6 plus and its all fine!!! A million thanks to Jason for solving the problem in the meantime.

Yep! Exactly as I would have put it.

Thanks for everyone's help throughout this. The Sleep Timer app definitely had its usage from myself, and now the stock timer can now be used.

Until the next iOS patch .... when we discover that it fails again 😜

Pls on free spotify sleep music???

Suggested posts