Shuffle only with premium account

Plan

Premium

Phone

iPhone 

Operating System

ios

My Question or Issue

I recently got a new iPhone 7, and when I downloaded Spotify and logged onto my premium family account, none of my playlists/albums/podcasts I liked were in my library. I was expecting to have to redownload stuff but I wasn’t expecting that. Also, while I can download podcasts I cannot download music. I also cannot listen to music off shuffle. It seems like the app just isn’t recognizing that I am on a family premium plan, but it’s weird that I can download podcasts. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks so much!

1 Reply

Hello @CarolineJonah

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Since Your Library was not there after logging in, you most likely logged in to a different account. 

It would be worth trying to log in using different methods. It's possible to have one account connected to Facebook and other connected to email address. Try logging in with each to access your Premium.

If that's not working either, make sure to follow the steps provided in this support article

You can also ask your Family plan manager, or check yourself if your're one, to see the members' details on your plan overview

If it comes to Podcasts, it possible for Free users to download them as well, but the can't download music. More details on that can be found here

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

Suggested posts