Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle play no longer carries over

Shuffle play no longer carries over

I recently updated to the latest version of Spotify. In previous versions, if your phone was already set to shuffle play, no matter what song in your playlist you clicked on, it would automatically shuffle from there. Now, if you click any song regardless of what you had previously set your preference to, it either plays straight down the playlist, or switches over to playlist radio after your one song ends. This is annoying especially when driving, because I don’t touch my phone unless I’m at a stop l

9 Replies

Just yet another example of Spotify **bleep**ing around with the UI, rearranging buttons for about the 17th time, removing features and now also breaking the shuffle function. I’ve beeb experiencing the same problem, on both iOS and the Desktop app for Windows.

Really losing my patience with this laughable incompetence. I’d really love to know how many times they’ve changed UI now because it’s just ridiculous at this point. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Would you mind sending us the following info:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • a screen recording showing us what's happening on your end?

Once we have that, we'll be able to look into this further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

iPhone 7 Plus on iOS 12.1.2

Spotify on 8.4.94

Hey @feldyfeld,

Thanks for sending that screenshot over.

Just to confirm, is the issue that, when you switch to another playlist, the Shuffle function automatically turns off?

If so, would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here? This can solve many common problems that our users experience.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help.

Yes, whenever I manually switch to a different song or playlist, the shuffle function turns itself off. I tried the reinstall and that did not work. If this an intentional feature and not a bug, is there anyway to deactivate the feature?

Hi

I am having the same issue. When I am listening to an Album on Shuffle and click on a song, it will play that but continue to shuffle after. On my playlists it will not. If it‘s on shuffle and I choose a song, shuffle shuts off and the songs start playing in order or I have to turn the shuffle back ok next to the song.

I have an iPhone X running iOS 12.1. Spotify is Version 8.4.93.765

I got the same issue, and the 'repeat' button has been moved into the '...' sub-menu. Its dam annoying having to go several menues deep every time i just want to listen to one song on repeat, or even turn on repeat for a playlist...

I usualy like to queue a few songs i actually like, and then mix the playlist, but now i have to queue and then go back to the playlist i wanted to continue after the queue and hit shuffle... every.dam.time...

If possible i would at least like the OPTION to have repeat, repeat one and shuffle, be persistant...

Here's a novel idea: how bout you just test it yourself? There are many threads and posts about this issue already, which completely describe the issue (it's very simple to follow) and gives all tech info (which has nothing to do with the bug anyway). It's a bug in your software: selecting a song turns shuffle off.

Hey folks,

Thanks for letting us know about this, and apologies for the late reply.

We've tested this on an iPhone with the latest Spotify version (8.4.95), and everything seems to be working as expected.

Would you mind trying to update to the latest version of the app and seeing if that fixes the issue for you?

If not, let us know and we'll look into this further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies.

Suggested posts