Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Can`t play one specific song

PlanPremiumCountry: Switzerland Device(iPhone 7 and WebPlayer (Firefox)) My Question or Issue I can`t play only one specific song. When I click it, nothing happens. Every other song (also in the same Album) works fine.I have already tried to:- reinst...

• Plan Premium Country: Switzerland   Device (iPhone 7 and WebPlayer (Firefox))     My Question or Issue  I can`t play only one specific song. When I click it, nothing ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Unsubscribed playlists in My Playlists

Beginning on Jan 5, I noticed that at least 40 playlists that I do not follow have popped up in My Playlists. They appear as the first playlists listed on the Spotify app on my iPhone and on the Sonos app. I also had this problem using the Spotify ap...

• Casual Listener
  • Beginning on Jan 5, I noticed that at least 40 playlists that I do not follow have popped up in My Playlists. They appear as the first playlists listed on the Spotify app on my iPhone and on the Sono...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! More adjusted music quality ?

I only listen to normal quality downloads on my Iphone, but I want to have one playlist with with the music set to: very high quality. Is this somehow possible ? Thanks

• I only listen to normal quality downloads on my Iphone, but I want to have one playlist with with the music set to: very high quality.  Is this somehow possible ?    Thanks 😄 
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Skip to the RAP MUSIC (Unwanted songs)

I am a driver of Lyft, play Spotify all day long in a car when I am in service. But about 2 months ago this happen started,1, Skipping track go to next song. 2, Skip to the Music I am not interested, (Like Rap music with Dirty ward, when I have a pas...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a driver of Lyft, play Spotify all day long in a car when I am in service. But about 2 months ago this happen started, 1, Skipping track go to next song. 2, Skip to the Music I am not interes...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops playing

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or Issue Recently I'm having this issue where a song is playing normally, and the one that follows randomnly pauses at the 10sec mark. It will not play again unless I skip to th...

• Plan Premium Country  US Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue  Recently I'm having this issue where a song is playing normally, and the one that ...
  • fxsalazar
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files won't show up on iPhone

PlanPremiumDeviceMacbook ProOperating SystemMacOS My Question or IssueSo I downloaded a song from my local files to my Macbook. I can play the song on my computer but when I put it in a playlist, it won't show up on my iPhone. I am on the same wifi a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Macbook Pro Operating System MacOS   My Question or Issue So I downloaded a song from my local files to my Macbook. I can play the song on my computer but when I put ...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! web player (chrome) found, songs only play for 30 seconds

PlanPremium (family)Country BelgiumDevice(iPhone 7)Operating System My Question or Issue There's a strange issue with spotify here. Each and every song only plays for about 30 seconds after which the next song automatically starts playing. Next to th...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium (family) Country  Belgium Device (iPhone 7) Operating System     My Question or Issue  There's a strange issue with spotify here. Each and every song o...
  • koenwingene
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stop playing music and wont play anymore

So in one hour spotify stop play about 5 times, and won’t play forward before its just star... play button wont work at that time so u can’t make go forward... and spotify shut it down app couple times... i have re installed hole app, restore phone, ...

• Casual Listener
  • So in one hour spotify stop play about 5 times, and won’t play forward before its just star... play button wont work at that time so u can’t make go forward... and spotify shut it down app couple tim...
  • Taubys
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio follow button gone, like and dislike gone

. PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceiPhone 7 and windows Operating Systemios12.1.2 My Question or IssueAs of last updates I can no longer ‘follow’ an artist radio station. The option is gone. Also, the like and dislike buttons are gone while play...

• Casual Listener
  • .  Plan Premium Country  United States Device iPhone 7 and windows  Operating System ios12.1.2   My Question or Issue As of last updates I can no longer ‘follow’ an art...
  • 0 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 19 likes

Radio Genres Have Disappeared

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS12 My Question or Issue Uhhh, what happened to the radio? I click on “Radio” and all of the genres have completely disappeared. What??? Check out the attached screenshot.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS12   My Question or Issue  Uhhh, what happened to the radio?  I click on “Radio” and all of the genres have...
  • rchristman
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Song link won't open iOS app

My friends and I send each other songs using the song link, but it never seems to work quite right. I receive the song link through iMessage, click on it, then it takes me to a web page, then asks permission to open the app, then takes me to the app ...

• My friends and I send each other songs using the song link, but it never seems to work quite right.   I receive the song link through iMessage, click on it, then it takes me to a web page...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify/Google clock on iPhone ?

Hello ! I know that spotify is now compatible with google clock. Except that it does not exist on the apple store ... how do I wake up with spotify on ios?

• Hello !   I know that spotify is now compatible with google clock. Except that it does not exist on the apple store ... how do I wake up with spotify on ios? 😞
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 17 likes

Solved!! You must provide a valid Spotify URI value error

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS 12.1.2 My Question or IssueWhenever I try to share my playlist in the community, I get the error “You must provide a valid Spotify URI value”. This is what I’m trying to paste: spo...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone XS Max Operating System iOS 12.1.2   My Question or Issue Whenever I try to share my playlist in the community, I get the error “You mu...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not playing certain songs

PlanPremiumCountry U.S.Operating SystemiOS 10My Question or Issue For some reason some songs on certain albums won’t play on my iPhone, for example Four out of 5 on the new Arctic Monkeys album. It’s just that one song and even if I press on it nothi...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country  U.S. Operating System iOS 10 My Question or Issue  For some reason some songs on certain albums won’t play on my iPhone, for example Four out of 5 on th...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I just want to listen to my favourite artist(s) but Spotify won't let me.

I just want to listen to my favorite artist(s) but Spotify won't let me. It insterts a bunch of crappy suggested tunes instead. Tried to disable the crappy stuf but can't. Is this normal? If so, I will not waste any more time for (or with) Spotify. P...

•   I just want to listen to my favorite artist(s) but Spotify won't let me. It insterts a bunch of crappy suggested tunes instead. Tried to disable the crappy stuf but can't. Is this normal? If ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files wont play on IOS spotify

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 12.1.2 My Question or Issue I downloaded my playlist to my phone and have some local files that will play but the majority of them wont play, I've gone through a bunch of threads about th...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Australia Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 12.1.2   My Question or Issue  I downloaded my playlist to my phone and have some local files th...
  • b-p3itwv9g_z
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Error

PlanFreeCountry France Device(iPhone XOperating System(iOS 11.4) My Question or IssueBonjour, depuis un peu plus d'une semaine mon application Spotify ne marche plus du tout correctement !Quand je me connecte sur l'accueil ou l’es autre onglets j'ai ...

•   Plan Free Country  France  Device (iPhone X Operating System (iOS 11.4)   My Question or Issue Bonjour, depuis un peu plus d'une semaine mon application Spotify ne ma...
  • kevvw
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing when I make a phone call but doesn't resume afterwards

Hi, i am using an iPhone 7 with the latest iOS update and when connected via Bluetooth or usb to my car if I answer the phone while listening to Spotify it doesn’t keep playing after. I have to manually go back in to Spotify and press play which isn’...

• Hi,   i am using an iPhone 7 with the latest iOS update and when connected via Bluetooth or usb to my car if I answer the phone while listening to Spotify it doesn’t keep playing after. I have...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Accidently deleted Song

PlanPremiumCountryGermany Device(iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or Issue Hey, so I was tryin to put on a song that I really like and clicked on it. Turned out it wasn‘t just the song. It was a radio playlist. Not knowing what what sett...

• Plan Premium Country Germany  Device (iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue  Hey,  so I was tryin to put on a song that I really like and clicked o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

local files to ios

PlanPremiumCountrynetherlandsDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.1.2 My Question or Issue so i got local files on my laptop and i want it on my iphone 8 but it just won't download.i tried reinstalling spotify on my laptop again but it didnt work.and...

• Plan Premium Country netherlands Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.1.2   My Question or Issue  so i got local files on my laptop and i want it on my iphone 8 but it just won...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Doesn't make sense
    iphone
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes