Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffling to songs not in the playlist

Solved!

Shuffling to songs not in the playlist

I don't have premium and I'm not going to purchase it till this problem is fixed. Basically, when i shuffle a playlist, it'll play songs not in the playlist. It'll even play songs I've never heard of. However, it always plays a song from the same artists in my playlists. My playlists are mostly single songs from an artist here or an artist there. I even tried making a playlist with just one song, and it'll still shuffle to other songs from that one artist. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app but to no avail. Help!

110 Replies

My boyfriend has us on a paid family plan with his sister and father as well. When I'm sleeping I play my Spotify playlist but sometimes I forget to turn off my wifi and it'll put songs into my playlists. All of them are well over 12 songs (think 30+ per playlist). Any chance you know why it's still doing that?

Thanks! After reading a couple years of comments, I found your suggestion near the end of the list. Maybe now The relaxing playlist that I turn on at bedtime will not wake me with some unrelaxing tune.

Same here!! I've used Spotify Premium for YEARS and never had this problem until I upgraded to Family Premium.

THANK YOU. Why did it take two years and four pages of scrolling to find this easy solution?!

I had this problem too when you upgrade to premium it will stop and will do that because there's not a lot of songs on your playlist

I have 12+ songs on my playlist and it is still playing other songs that are not on my playlist and I have Spotify free so how do I get it to only play the songs I saved to my playlist?

Right, let's re-cap: This problem no longer appears to affect me.  It appears to affect premium, free and family subscriptions.  You have to have at least 12 songs in your playlist, otherwise it will arbitrarily add songs, this is stated by Spotify.  I'm a bit confused now because I could have sworn someone pointed out a setting which I changed that may have help, but I'll be damned if I can find either the setting or the post!  Anyway, the key to all this might be the logging-out of Spotify bit.  Not just closing-down the app, but actually loggin-out and then back in again.  Who knows, it's worth a try.  Good luck!

The setting I found that was causing the problem was called Autoplay (Keep on listening to similar tracks when your music ends). Turning this off fixed the problem completely for me.

I did find that setting but it was on for me, and as I've said, I don't appear to be getting the problem. I did switch it off though, but its description suggests that's not the answer. It's always worth a try for people though.

Where is the auto-play setting? My playlist has about 6 hours of music and I don't need it to add more music! Thanks!

Settings < playback < autoplay

OK.. I have the same issue as the original post. I'm a free user and I have enjoyed Spotify since the day I tried it. Yes I haven't got the full control over the music playing, but at least I was able to choose -limitedly- what I listen to. BUT NOW.. I can't even do so since I CAN'T LISTEN TO A SINGLE SONG IN ANY OF MY PLAYLISTS whatever the count of songs within. As ALWAYS another song is played, sometimes it by the same artist and other times it's not.

Knowing that I have tried all solutions suggested here in this post and others.

SO, for the sake of God, and for sake of all the good times I have enjoyed the experience of Spotify,,, PLEASE FIX THIS.

What is the idea making playlist when Spotify plays what they want me to hear?

Wonder if they get paid by record company to push unwanted music to listeners?

Spotify FIX THIS pain in the b..

I'm having this problem as well. I tried turning off Autoplay, and it still happened.. my playlist is 16 songs.  I'm not a premium member.  I then logged out, uninstalled and reinstalled, and the autoplay on/off option actually disappeared!  And it still does it!  I understand and don't mind the ads, but, by god, stop making me listen to Maroon 5 as i'm trying to fall asleep to my playlist!!

I have more than 20 on my playlist, but it still played suggested songs.

I have 16 on my playlist plus I've switched of the auto play feature and it's still playing other songs! 😩

Sorry spotify but as an artist as well as a listener, id much rather you be
going down and SoundCloud stay up. Get with it.

I'm on the free version.  I get all sorts of similar songs added to my playlists.  I turned the autoplay off but it didn't make any difference.  Any other suggestions.

Lesly

My playlist has 45 tracks and it still plays songs that are not on my playlist when I shuffle. They aren't even by the same artist. I have never heard of the songs or the artists and I don't like the songs either. Please help!

Suggested posts