Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 13

My Question or Issue

Since iOS 13 siri should also work with spotify, when I say the command Hey Siri play Metallica on Spotify I get the hint I have to access your spotify data if I allow this i get the message there is nothing in your media library

Does anyone know the problem ?

12 Replies

Hey @CarstenB1, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern.

I've checked on my end since I also have an iPhone, and Siri did ask to allow them access to my Spotify to do this, and I tapped Allow. After that Siri was able to play the tunes without a problem.

If you get that message and tap Allow, does it still play the music you ask for? If not, could you try restarting your iPhone - and let me know the iPhone model you have and your current iOS version?

Keep me posted! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @Billy-J
Even though Carsten did not answer it seems as if I have the same issue and I can't find any solution for it.
May iPhone 6s (iOS 13.5.1) and my Spotify are on the newest Version.

I can start Siri and give an order. Right after that Siri tells me that it needs access to Spotify. I can confirme this via voice or via touch. After I confiremed the access it shows the Spotify Play Window within Siri but the command is not fullfilled, nothing happens.
If I try it again I have to confirm the command again. It's a bit as if the orders from Siri is send but as if Spotify specific commands aren't applied.
Commands like paus, next song, and so on are applied without any issue.

Best Regards

Hi,

I have the same PB, I’m on IOS 13 (iPhoneX) and WOS 6 {Model 2).
Vioce shortcut « hey Siri, play [playlist name or Artist] on spotify » doesn’t work with my iPhone and/or my AWatch!
My iPhone return (siri) « Can’t read this music on this unit ».

Regards

Hi,
I'm not sure if it is the same issue. In may case just the permission to access spotify didn't work. It showed up that in my permissions the point "ask siri" wasn't activated. After I enabled this option siri was able to control spotify.

Did you check this on your side?

BR
WoLo

Thk for your reply?

Yes « ask to siri » is well activated.

BR

I’m gone to post a new topic.

Thk to you
BR

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

France

Device

iPhone X - AW Model 2

Operating System

IOS 13 & WOS 6

My Question or Issue

Hi everyone,

I have a PB with « Hey Siri », I’m on IOS 13 (iPhoneX) and WOS 6 {Model 2).
Vioce shortcut « hey Siri, play [playlist name or Artist] on spotify » doesn’t work with my iPhone and/or my AWatch!
My iPhone return (siri) « Can’t read this music on this unit ».

NB : option « Ask to Siri » is « on » in Spotify App. 

Thanks for your help

Regards

I have an iphone XR and it's happening the same to me. After I ask Siri to play a song on Spotify I get the answer " I can't play from Spotify on this device". I've contacted apple and after some tries, they told me to contact the app developers. Siri is still working with other apps and Spotify works manually. So, the only thing that isn't working is Siri's commands for spotify.

Thank you Very much for your reply

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and the very same problem. Siri works just fine with other apps, but not with Spotify. The weird thing is, tho, it can access the "now playing" feature but if it's asked to play music I get the same reply.

So, just talked to Spotify’s support and they couldn’t fix it and told me to ask Apple again. Guess no one knows how to fix the problem, and we’ll probably need to wait for some kind of update 

Î’m rigth with you. Let’s wait an update. Maybe (hope) the trouble will be solved.

Suggested posts