Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some users see random song playing instead of song directly selected from artist page

Solved!

Some users see random song playing instead of song directly selected from artist page

Plan

Free

Country

Multiple (e.g. USA).

Device

Multiple (e.g. iPhone)

Operating System

Multiple (e.g. iOS)

My Question or Issue

Some users are seeing something strange with Spotify.

1. User searches for and browses to artist page, namely "Farhod"

2. Clicks on a song to play, namely "Kamande Khaterat"

3. Another song plays instead of the selected song! Expectation was that the selected song play, especially singe the play icon turns into a pause icon

Here's a video:

Giphy:

https://gph.is/g/E3pOkbA

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @user-removed!

Thanks for the screen recording it really does help! I can see that you are on Spotify Free and you're using a Mobile Device this particular instance what is happening is correct and expected.

Spotify on Mobile is a bit different to if you are using a Desktop for example, there is a range of playlists and songs which you are able to start immediately and swap and change however there is a some limits on what content you can start on demand due to being on the free tier, there is some more info here in this Spotify Answer about the limitation on free.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @user-removed!

Thanks for the screen recording it really does help! I can see that you are on Spotify Free and you're using a Mobile Device this particular instance what is happening is correct and expected.

Spotify on Mobile is a bit different to if you are using a Desktop for example, there is a range of playlists and songs which you are able to start immediately and swap and change however there is a some limits on what content you can start on demand due to being on the free tier, there is some more info here in this Spotify Answer about the limitation on free.

Suggested posts