Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song has been removed from playlist and is unavailable in play queue?

Song has been removed from playlist and is unavailable in play queue?

Hi!
I'm experiencing problems with removed songs. I have a huge playlist (1000+ songs) and recently have noticed that some of the songs are unavailable in the play queue even though they don't exist in spotify anymore. I checked my playlist and from all the songs around 20-30 were not on the playlist but were on the play queue being unavailable. When the unavailable songs turn comes from the queue the app skips it and plays the next song in queue. Is there a way to delete the unavailable songs from play queue or the playlist data so they don't appear unavailable anymore?
Im using spotify on iOS, iphone 6s.
See screenshot attached. The unavailable songs are not on my playlist anymore because they are not in spotify anymore.
IMG_7259.PNG
1 Reply

Hey @Pomppeli

You have the option to see unavailable songs in your playlist so you can keep track of them. Make sure to go in settings and check for the setting that shows unavailable songs. After you turn that setting on you can delete these greyed out unavailable songs if you do not want them to show up in the play queue.

The reason it's unavailable is because the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify.

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can't be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others. Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts