Plan:

Premium

Sweden

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

Whenever i try search for a song and press it i don’t play. The bar at the bottom telling which song is currently playing disappears and nothing plays. I have to restart the app to play the song. Songs that i have in my playlists i can play, or just songs that i listen to frequently but as soon as i try to listen to some other songs i have to restart the app

3 Replies

Hey there @tencen, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you do a clean reinstall of the app following these steps?

If you're still having trouble, let me know what device this happens on, as well as the current software version.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Didnt work unfortunatly. Same as before, tracks wont play unless inrestart the app. Only songs recently played can be played unless o restart the app

Hey @tencen

Based on your original post, you have an iPhone 11 running iOS 14 correct?

I'd like to know what's happening exactly. So, the song plays but stops after a few seconds and you have to force quit and restart the app, right?

Can you let me know the current Spotify version the app is on? You can check and provide this to me by going to Settings in the Spotify app (gear icon) > Scroll to About. 

Lastly, can you send me a screen recording of what's happening exactly? I'd like to see what could be causing this - and if you have another iPhone nearby, test this out on there using your same Spotify account to see if that makes a difference.

I'll be awaiting your response!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts