Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song stops when iPhone screen goes black

Solved!

Song stops when iPhone screen goes black

I have to keep my iPhone screen active to be able to listen to my music, when the screen goes black the music stops. What should I do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I emailed the customer service about it and she said that the Auto-lock needs tobe set to NEVER. Just like you, I didn't have this problem before. It started about 4 days ago. This will create a battery issue on the iPhone. Also, while listening to music on Spotify, I can't use any other apps. Again, this was never a problem before. If these will be the NEW setting, I will cancel the service. It will be useless for me.

View solution in original post

35 Replies

Me too!!! I was just going to post about this.....When I had the initial 2 day free trial, it stayed on, now that I have paid for it, it shuts off....

I hope someone responds to this thread...otherwise I'm going to cancel it, there has got to be a way to lock the screen?

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago and I got it fixed but i dont know how the guy did it. But it has now happened again and it is very frustrating.

here the same

Marked as solution

I emailed the customer service about it and she said that the Auto-lock needs tobe set to NEVER. Just like you, I didn't have this problem before. It started about 4 days ago. This will create a battery issue on the iPhone. Also, while listening to music on Spotify, I can't use any other apps. Again, this was never a problem before. If these will be the NEW setting, I will cancel the service. It will be useless for me.

I'm having the same problem on my iPad.  Songs stop when the screen goes to sleep.  They also stop when I use any other app, use the browser, or even go to my home screen.  This only started happening a couple days ago.

I've hardly used Spotify since this started happening... will cancel my subscription if this isn't fixed. 

Any suggestions?

I've not really had this problem myself, but apparently rebooting your iPhone or iPad can solve it. It may be that the memory gets full and causes Spotify to have problems playing in the background. It's probably worth trying that and seeing if it helps.

Whatever caused this glitch has been fixed.  Lasted about a week... I tried rebooting, changing settings, etc... nothing worked.  This weekend it started working again fine.

Hey everybody, I solved the problem by double tapping the home button, and closed all running apps. If that dosen't work, try reboot your device.

Double tapping and closing the apps really works🙌👍

Nothing works for me here, other than turning off the autolock,. or have some luck,. and it will not stop playing. but right now,. no luck for me.

This may or may not be a permanent fix but I wondered if some other app may hav locked ownership of background audio. So I went pretty far through the running apps list and killed anything that might play audio (or just kill em all). Then I killed and relaunched spotify. Now I can let my phone go into locked state and enjoy wonderful music while I fold laundry.

It happened to me and when I double tapped and closed all other running apps and restarted iPhone it was fixed 🙂

You can also try resetting your settings in iOS.

I'm continuing to have have this problem when using AirPlay.

wow that was annoying me for like 1/2 hour and come across your post from ages ago.... you have saved an iphone being chucked through the window ha ha ha

Just restart your phone - it should fix that.

I think you might try to just clear the memory...so hold down the power until you get the screen that says slide to power down...(but don't slide)...then hold down on the home button until it cycles to the home screen...that dumps your RAM apparently...worked for me (without having to kill everything else)

Iphone 6s and I tried doing everything mentioned on this thread nothing worked ... any other solution instead of uninstalling it ? free version works better than I paid one 

Having the same issue on my 6s.  Any updates on this?

I closed all apps running in the background and it works

Suggested posts