Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song won’t play on Artist Profiles unless liked

Song won’t play on Artist Profiles unless liked

1. Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System

iOS 13.5.1

My Question or Issue

Problem just started today 18 July 2020. Only liked songs will play when I am on the artist profiles. The problem doesn’t seem to occur when i play the same song on a playlist. 

B795D21F-841F-401A-BE1F-002A0FCD8918.png
0B2DE260-A32D-45DE-86EE-B28E39FF7C3A.png
3836427B-0EE7-4CFA-9BEE-75164419D559.png
11 Replies

I’m having the same problem, is there fix? 

Hey there @_thechief and @yurpy,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

You can start off by running a clean reinstall of the app since this gets you the latest app version refreshed with all necessary updates. 

It's also a good idea to check if any power saving or data cleaning settings are activated on your mobile device. Make sure you disable them as these features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Keep us posted! We'll look out for your reply.     

I am having the same issue, on both my phone and laptop. As soon as I like a song it will start playing. Have tried re-installing Spotify with no luck. On a mac running OS Catalina, which I recently updated to. The problem started after I updated.

Hey hey @ecvanderlip!

Thanks for reaching out about this.

After the steps that you mention, we'd recommend giving this a shot on a different network to see if that makes a difference for you. If it does we'd recommend checking your firewall settings.

Are you able to play songs directly from the artist profiles on our web player? If you have the option to ask a friend or a family member to log in on your devices to see if the apps behaves as indented, that would also help our investigation.

Lastly, we'd just like to double check with you if you've performed a clean reinstall instead of regular one which ensures that any old cached files that may cause trouble are removed.

Keep us in the loop here!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena,

A second clean install solved the problem on both my desktop and phone, so perhaps I hadn't done the clean install correctly the first time. Thanks!

Hey @ecvanderlip,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

Glad to hear that everything is running smoothly again you can enjoy your favorite jams.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Stay safe!

Ver Moderator

I’ve recently stated to have a problem with music playing I’m not able to play music unless it’s a liked song I try to play music by a artist but it won’t play unless it’s a liked song I tried to reinstall the app but it did nothing the problem is still happening 

Hey @Minimackiller-u,

Welcome to the Community 🙂 Thanks for reaching out about this.

Just to confirm, have you already followed these steps to reinstall the app? If not, we'd recommend giving them a try as they can be very helpful for clearing any cache that might be causing this issue.

Also, would you mind letting us know if this happens when you're connected to WiFi, mobile data or both? Does this happen when you log into your account using a different device?

Keep us posted.

KaterinaModerator

I've had a similar issue, on both my notebooks songs would only play if part of a playlist (mine or from others), or liked/unliked. Clean reinstall did not fix it on either of those computers. Seems to me that this started since the latest service update.
It stopped when I changed the location of the temp folder in the settings (which in general is a good idea, as this folder tends to become huge). Maybe this helps, either way it seems to me that there is a bug somewhere to be fixed.

As an addition: This bug is still not fixed and it is really annoying.

But deleting the temp folder works as workaround, but doing this every 2 weeks is pretty annoying to be honest.

Hey @ds85

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Keep in mind that even though deleting the folder works for a while, we don't recommend doing that as it might affect the app's performance.

If you have a Premium subscription, we'd recommend getting in touch with our Support team directly through any of these channels so they can take a closer look at your account. 

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

Cheers!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts