Songs from Local Files not showing up on iPhone

Solved!
Highlighted

Songs from Local Files not showing up on iPhone

Visitor

Hi, songs from local files have already been put into a playlist and downloaded on my laptop. However, they don't show up on my phone at all and it says "Song Not Downloaded. If you own the song, you can sync it from your computer." No grey songs, no unplayable ones; just an empty playlist. 

I've already tried using a hotspot, disabling my firewall, re-downloading the songs into a playlist, re-downloading the songs into my Local Files (from my laptop), using iTunes (syncing phone to iTunes on laptop), uninstalling/reinstalling Spotify, and logging in and out. Please help !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Songs from Local Files not showing up on iPhone

Hey there @eileenzhao33

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

We suggest you first check if a firewall or anti-virus software is affecting the performance of the Spotify app. Such applications sometimes cause issues like the one you're experiencing.

It's also a good idea to change the source of the local files on your device. Simply create a new folder in a different directory on your device and move your local files to this folder. Then just delete the old folder used for the local files. Now you can try importing the files again. 

It's also a good idea to test if you observe the same under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

Hey there @eileenzhao33

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

We suggest you first check if a firewall or anti-virus software is affecting the performance of the Spotify app. Such applications sometimes cause issues like the one you're experiencing.

It's also a good idea to change the source of the local files on your device. Simply create a new folder in a different directory on your device and move your local files to this folder. Then just delete the old folder used for the local files. Now you can try importing the files again. 

It's also a good idea to test if you observe the same under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Having the same issue as OP. Tried everything in many threads as mentioned in the post as well as everything in the reply. Issue now is that due to moving files to a new folder and creating a new playlist I now have no local files at all on my iPhone. Really frustrating stuff. I'm thinking it's an issue on the end of Spotify as I've tried literally everything including using a separate PC and network.

Highlighted

Roadie

One thing that worked for me. On Desktop app I’ve added some local files to existing short playlist containing few Spotify tracks. So there are local files and Spotify tracks on the same playlist. Then I’ve downloaded the whole playlist on mobile app. Worth to try.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Cheers for the reply, gave it a shot but still no luck unfortunately. The tracks don't even appear on my mobile, as in not greyed out or appearing at all.

Highlighted

Roadie

@DeeWood wrote:

The tracks don't even appear on my mobile

Are you on Free or Premium, may I ask? As importing Local Files on mobile app works only for Premium plans.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I'm on Premium, I used to have local files download no problem. Stick them in a downloaded playlist and they appear on my iPhone if on the same wifi. I was trying to add a few new songs and they wouldn't add so I went through all of the troubleshooting processes from my network to file locations to the apps themselves and in doing so lost all of my current local files I had as well.

Highlighted

Roadie

@DeeWood wrote:

lost all of my current local files I had as well

That happens. The only thing left to try is clear cache and clean reinstall of the app. Maybe change location folder of your local files as well. And remember, you need to try it several times. It doesn't "magically" work all the time. Good luck!

SUGGESTED POSTS