Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs skipping to different playlist

Songs skipping to different playlist

I'm using Premium Spotify on my iphone 6S (version 8.4.85.963) and it keeps skipping songs after a minute onto a completely different playlist that I've never listened to. It's really frustrating. I've turned off crossfade and gapless playback as suggested, and have updated the app but nothing works. Any other ideas? Thanks 

8 Replies

Same issue here, on a Galaxy Note8. 

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Make sure iOS is up to date (current version is 12.1.2), and Spotify too (current version 8.4.85). I'd also recommend using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page to see if that helps 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Well since spotify's website designer apparently has no idea how to catch errors or what ones to go for my reply to these is in the attached screenshot along with the weird error I got trying to make it. 

spotify reply.png

Hey @manollette,

Updating the iOS tip was for the iOS user, however I've heard that Note 8 will get Android 9 so I'd encourage to update once it's available for you device.

Could you please try the other steps I suggested?

Have you checked if any user has the same issue in the Android help board?

Thanks 🙂

P.S. Please remove or edit the screenshot as your email is shown up there.

I have been experiencing the same issue on Pixel 3 and on my PC. Seems like the algorithm is trying to  change my taste in music, because it not even they type of music i am trying to listen to. I turned off many of the feature for Spotify. If you want me to dig deeper. I am going to charge for my work. Cant choose my own music? what is this radio?

On my PC, i just went to "Add or remove programs" in my Settings, then clicked on Spotify, then I reset it, and it immediately worked. Note: All your data will be lost.

Same issue here.

mybpcreditcard

Hey @Harris3387,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

We recommend that you log out everywhere. You'll find this option by scrolling down here. Afterwards, reinstall the app on your device (you'll need to download your tunes again if you have Premium). 

Once this process is completed, restart your device before launching Spotify again.

Keep us posted.

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Suggested posts