Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs won't play when i select them

Songs won't play when i select them

Hello I am having an issue with spotify on iPhone 4. I installed the last update which allows mobile devices to steam music for free on Spotify. Since then my iPhone won't play i song when i tap it, but i can still stream songs from my iPad and windows computer ! Can i have some help over here please ?

8 Replies

Free spotify only lets you shuffle play, either from an album page or from a playlist on a mobile phone. Specific tracks can only be played on PCs and tablets.

Hi I have just downloaded the spotify mobile app onto my mothers mobile phone from the play store: htc desire (old one with buttons).

She has logged in with her gmail account. For free access. When she searches for an album, the album comes up, but there is no shuffle button. Just a play button. When she presses it, it tells her to upgrade to a premium to play music. Nothing plays.

Can't understand this as it works on my mobile (moto g)

@skullbugz - Weird, what version of android is that running? Spotify free on mobile devices requires android 2.3 or above.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I think it's stupid you can't choose the song you want on a phone. How is that a premium feature?

It's just ridiculously stupid I'm not gonna use this app anymore if its owners are such jerks...

Now I can't play any songs at all on the chromebook... HELP!!

I agree

My computer will not let me listen to my own music and I cant concentrate without music

@nicost13 wrote:

Hello I am having an issue with spotify on iPhone 4. I installed the last update which allows mobile devices to steam music for free on Spotify. Since then my iPhone won't play i song when i tap it, but i can still stream songs from my iPad and windows computer ! Can i have some help over here please ?

@nicost13 wrote:

Suggested posts