Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spoitfy disappears from lock screen when paused

Spoitfy disappears from lock screen when paused

I know this is an old thread but there was no newer one I could reply to.

I have the same issue. Spotify won't stay on the lock screen when music is paused. I'll have to re-open the app to resume playing.

3 Replies

Hi @user-removed,

Thank you for posting on the Community!

Whenever you have this issue, please try to swipe up on the display from the Lock screen to open the Control Center and use the Music controls in the upper right corner. Once this is done, the Spotify widget should reappear on the Lock screen again.

If it doesn't do the trick, please let us know the model and OS version of your phone, as well as the Spotify version you're running. This will help us investigate further.

We'll be on the lookout. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

ios 17.0.3 same problem (very annoying)

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out!

Just to confirm, are you able to resume the music without opening the Spotify app if you follow the steps provided in the thread?

We can also suggest that you check that Spotify has the permissions to run in the background. It's also a good idea to have a look at the phone's battery settings and make sure that Spotify is set as an exception if you're using the battery optimization option.

If you're still having issues, let us know what version of the Spotify app you're currently running.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts