Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify 1.7.0 crashing on sync

Solved!

Spotify 1.7.0 crashing on sync

Just added some new local files to my starred playlist yesterday, and app was crashing when I tried to sync (about 12 songs?)

Then today the same was happening, reinstalled the app, synced all the spotify tracks fine, then tried to sync the local files (approx 150), it made it until the last 60 before crashing. Since then it syncs a couple at a time, before crashing up until the last ~45, and now it crashes immediately upon opening the app. 

Any ideas/help would be appreciated!

280 Replies

Since I've updated to the latest iOS version Spotify a few days ago it isn't opening any more. 

iPhone Model: iPhone 4, 16GB

iOS 7.1.2

Approx. crashing - App starts loading for about 5-8 seconds then crashes before showing anything.

Jailbroken: no

I've tried to restart, delete and reinstall app e.g.

I can see the last screen I had up in the back on multi-tasking. 

Sometimes I can see that it says 'Browse' at the top - still crashes.

This morning I deleted and reinstalled the app. It worked and I made about 7 or 8 albums offline available. 

Listened to my offline albums for about 40min. Tried to open Spotify again when leaving work tonight and had the same problem again. 

Will delete now and see if it works with no offline albums. 

A real bummer considering that I pay for it. Please get it fixed. Thanks

iPhone 5s
Verizon Wireless
iOS 7.1.2
For the last two days just about every time I've attempted to open the app it stays open for 1-2 secs and then force closes. Uninstalled and reinstalled and restarted the phone countless times to no avail.

It opens for one second loads then goes to my home screen, i'm up to date on everything, i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice and it didn't work, tried turning it on and off, tried everything, all the basics. I even called my cell phone provider they have know idea what to do. I have premium and i love it but i can't even use it. my account works on other phones, it's just this phone, it started happening after the septermber 10th, 2014 update. please help me. Like i said in the subject I have an iphone 5s, and my spotify app won't open.

Hi there, try restarting your device by holding Home + Lock for 10 seconds, that should do the trick, /BM

Hi there, have you tried a clean reinstallation? https://support.spotify.com/se/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/?in=search

let me know if it works.

PHONE MODEL: 4S

IOS 7.1

SPOTIFY VERSION: the latest one, can't seem to get the version number of my spotify since it keeps on crashing

APPROX CRASH FREQUENCY: every single time i open the app

JAILBROKEN: No

Thank you for responding, but I already tried this and it doesn't work. I have done everything, I have no idea what to do.

Hello!

Have you by any chance tried completely restoring your phone (backup first) then applying the backup after you restore? Also, what version of iOS are you using? 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Description

Whenever I open the spotify app, it crashes immediately. Sometimes, I will be able to use it for a couple of minutes then it will crash again.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. First I did this

I open the app expecting it to work properly and then it crash. I tried to reopen the app over and over again but nothing happened.

2. Then I did that

I tried to reset my device. That usually does the trick.

3. I also did this

i tried to reinstall the app.

4. then this

Tried to open the app but it still keeps on crashing.

What I expected to happen

For the app to work without any problems.

What actually happened

The app crashes every single time.

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 4s.

Device’s Operating System

Is your device jailbroken?

No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

12 (all are available offline)

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

0.9.12.10.g89b2a4fc

My provider and country

Globe Telecom, Philippines

It was working with the latest ios and app update just a few days ago, and  now it crashes soon as I open 😞

iphone model: 4s

ios: 7.1.2

spotify version: unknown/latest, crashes upon opening

apprx crash frequency: soon as I tap on the app to try to open, it crashes

jailbroken: no

@Meredith

The problem has started again. I uninstalled the app and intially that seemd to fix it. After a few days it just stopped working again. This is absolutely unacceptable. You need to fix this ASAP and refund Spotify Premium users a month of service since it is completely unsuable.

I'm up to date at 7.1.2, I haven't rostored but I don't want to lose everything and I don't know how to back everything up, I don't want to risk losing everything. I have seen other people with this problem after the 9/10 update, so it's not just me.

This is happening to me too. This is very disappointing because I really liked this app but it is absolutely unusable.

I'm a premium user, I have the same as everyone else. Open app crash, open app crash. I'm flushing money down the toilet.
Yes I've done reset, uninstalled, reinstalled. Turn off, turn on...nothing just crashes within 5 seconds..

Same issue.
At what point is are refunds issued for a service that doesn't work?

My details:

IPHONE MODEL: 5

IOS 7.1.2

SPOTIFY VERSION: 1.7.0.2390

APPROX CRASH FREQUENCY: Spotify crashes a couple of seconds after starting.

JAILBROKEN: No

Spotify keeps crashing on my iphone. I did a clean reinstall but that did NOT help the problem.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. First I did this

I open the app expecting it to work properly and then it crash. I tried to reopen the app over and over again but nothing happened.

2. Then I did that

I tried to reset my device. That usually does the trick.

3. I also did this

i reinstalled the app.

4. then this

Tried to open the app but it still keeps on crashing.

What I expected to happen:

What actually happened

The app crashes every single time.

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 5

No

My provider and country

ATT, USA

updated it since then every time i tired to load it up it doesnt go on to the app and crashes ive tried everything reinstalling, resetting the phone . needs a new update asap.

1. First I did this

I open the app expecting it to work properly and then it crashed. I tried to reopen the app over and over again but it kept crashing.

2. Then I did that

I reset my device.

3. I also did this

I reinstalled the app.

4. then this

After the 4th or 5th reinstall its allowing me to resync my offline songs.

What I expected to happen:

What actually happened

After the 4th or 5th reinstall and turning my phone on and off between each one its finally redownloading songs without crashing. 

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 5s

No

My provider and country

ATT, USA

Suggested posts