Premium

Country

UK

Device

(iPhone XR

Operating System

(iOS 12.4.1 (Latest)

Guys

Sorry to raise this again, i know there are old threads about this but i am not convinced it is resolved properly. Basically when i use the Spotify Connect app, my Sonos speakers no longer appear in the devices menu. They appear if i select Airplay speakers but Airplay seems to drop connection frequently so i would rather not use it and only the Airplay compatible speakers show up which isn't always of any use to me. This previously happened and appeared to be an issue with my BT SmartHub router and the Smart Setup setting which when disabled resolved the problem temporarily. However, the issue has returned again. I was also able to resolve this temporarily again by unlinking the Spotify account from Spotify and re-linking. This worked for about 2 days and then the speakers dissapeared again. 

I have rebooted my router and checked all network settings etc but everything else on the network works great with no drops or issues. I have even replaced my router and tried thi with both Google Wi-Fi and a new Asus router. Neithr of these work. I work as a Cisco network engineer by profession so know what networking issues to look for and how to resolve tem. I cannot see this being a network issue.  I have also tried removing SonosNET and putting all speakers on my Wi-Fi so they are on the same wireless network and SSID as my iphone which is running Spotify Connect. This hasn't worked either. Does anybody have a permanent fix for this as i am at the point of cancelling and going to Apple Music which seems to work fine with Spotify. 

I should add that i have no issues playing Spotify music through the Sonos app, this always works without issue. 

4 Replies

Hey @Bumrah,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

This is an issue which we're currently investigating. Make sure to head over to this ongoing issue thread - we'll keep you posted there and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks! Stay awesome 🙂

OK thanks. I am not sure if somebody is making changes in the background but all but one of my speakers are now showing. However, one of them is now showing twice! 

IMG_6119.PNG

Great. Now all my speakers have disappeared again. This is so frustrating. Seriously considering moving to Amazon Music. App seems to work flawlessly and now with Lossless streaming. 

It seems to me like everytime sonos or spotify is bringing an update, the sonos loudspeakers dissapear from the devices list... it is sooooo frustrating. We are 4 persons in our household sharing the sonos system and it is such a task to update all systems to make them work again... 

What is the real problem being this whole issue? it pops up every two months. 

I'm really not satisfied with these services...

Suggested posts