Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect not Recognizing iPad Gen 1

Spotify Connect not Recognizing iPad Gen 1

Hello Future Savior!

I have Spotify on my iPad 1st Gen, Mac & iPhone. All 3 are on the same Wifi network however only the Mac & iPhone communicate with each other as devices I can switch between using Spotify Connect.

I've reinstalled the Spotify app on the iPad and I've reset the Wifi but no luck with communication. Spotify just says "another device is using your account" when I try to switchover playing onto the iPad

Can anyone help me figure out how to get them communicate? It worked about a year ago so I know it's possible...

Thx

-Dan

2 Replies

Hi, sharpshirter, so one of the things that can keep connect from working properly is the version of Spotify you have installed. I'm going to assume that since your iPad is a first gen device it's probably not suported by the newest iOS versions, which then means that you wont be able to use the latest Spotify versions on it either. @Josh and @MattSuda are both iOS experts, so they may know better than I, but I believe the root of the problem here is just that you're device is outdated. Hopefully they'll know more. Best of luck!

@LordRollin is correct.

Spotify Connect will not work with the iOS version and Spotify version installed on your iPad.

Spotify currently supports iOS 7 and iOS 8.

The latest version available for iPad 1st gen is iOS 5.1.1

Recently Spotify discontinued support for iOS 6, so I think support for iOS 5 has been discontinued for a long time.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts