Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect not available on iOS devices since update to 4.0.0

Solved!

Spotify Connect not available on iOS devices since update to 4.0.0

I'm experiencing a problem with the Connect feature on iOS devices. The Spotify Connect feature is no longer visible since the app has been updated to version 4.0.0. My device is no longer showing up as Spotify Connect speaker.

Tested on iPad Air 2 with iOS 9, iPhone 6 with iOS 9, iPhone 5S with iOS 9.

Device used to stream: Marantz SR6009

Please take notice of this bug.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @Sat0rn @dönerkatz, Welcome to the community! 🙂

May i ask that you guys ensure your connect speakers firmware is up to date? this usually fixes any issues 🙂

I hope this helped! 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Same here, both iPhone5's in the family don't connect after installing 4.0.0.

Connected Device: RevoSuperconnect.

Please update soon, this feature is why we pay for spotify! thx

Same here. On the iPad I can select Spotify Connect but on the iPhone the UI for it is gone since the 4.0.0 update.
Marked as solution

Hello @Sat0rn @dönerkatz, Welcome to the community! 🙂

May i ask that you guys ensure your connect speakers firmware is up to date? this usually fixes any issues 🙂

I hope this helped! 🙂

Hello @RichieB2B2, Welcome to the community! 🙂

Lets troubleshoot this issue with you 🙂

Could you please check that both your iPad and iPhone are online at the same time, and both have the Spotify app open at the same time, also please test that this when both devices are on the same WiFi connection 🙂

I Hope To Hear From You Soon! 🙂

I am not sure if this has to do with any firmware upgrades, but my Spotify 4.0.0 on my iPhone suddenly started working correctly with Spotify Connect. I'm glad it is working now, not sure why though.

@RichieB2B2

I am glad its working! 🙂

I feel so old now; seems like I could not get used to the fact that my loudspeaker can get software updates from the internet 😃

Thx!

Suggested posts