Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect only shuffle playing in Free account as of 5/22/19

Solved!

Spotify Connect only shuffle playing in Free account as of 5/22/19

I have Spotify Free. I use "spotify connect" iphone connecte to my laptop, game console, chrome cast device and etc as a music player. Whenever I connect it still shows my playlist with shuffle play options and absolutely no options to disable that or pick indivudual songs like it did a few hours ago. Also, I can't select individual songs like I normally can when I'm using Spotify connect. I was able to revert back to normal but only when I reinstall the app. But then after a while it goes back to allowing only shuffle play. I though when you use spotify connect you were able to turn off shuffle mode as it says that on my device but is not allowing me to do that.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok I see,

If you want to check out this article on app updates: https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/system_settings/why-am-i-seeing-different-features-than...

Or I can link you to Spotify support if you want.

Jack

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

That page is a 404. Sorry that page doesn't exist.

But I see what your saying. Spotify is probably testing out somthing on my account that nobody else is experiencing. LOL. They always do this on Thursday!

Found the correct link btw:

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/system_settings/why-am-i-seeing-different-features-than...

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hey @ParentalControl thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community,

The only way to play individual songs without advertisements and be able to download music is to subscribe to Spotify premium. You can subscribe to Premium any time.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jack 🙂

Since when.

Spotify connect has always allowed picking indivudual songs when using your phone paired with a game console or computer.

In fact my device even says want to play music without shuffling connect to PS4, Computer, TV. But when I connect it won't let me turn off shuffle. So somthing is wrong with the iOS app. This only started yesturday and my friends account too. We have always been on free accounts.

Hey @ParentalControl 

Im not sure when it changed, but the only way to play any song you want on a free account was to use a Computer. If you want to bring the feature back you could start a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Best,

Jack 🙂

Well it just changed last night with no announcement of any kind so I thinks it's very unprofessonal of spotify to just remove this feature. I mind as well throw out my chromecast now. And the app still says I can turn off shuffle if I use spotify connect so Spotify seems to contradict itself greatly.

Hey again @ParentalControl 

Free users have been binded to shuffle play for a while, you can check out this Spotify Support Article on Free accounts. 

Let me know if you have any other issues,

Jack

I know shuffle play has been around but when ever you connected your phone to a laptop or game console or android tv it would allow you to pick individual tracks with advertisements.

EXACTLY LIKE if you were to use your desktop player to control your game console and pick any song. That feature has always been around it's been around ever since PlayStation 3 got spotify.

Marked as solution

Ok I see,

If you want to check out this article on app updates: https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/system_settings/why-am-i-seeing-different-features-than...

Or I can link you to Spotify support if you want.

Jack

Marked as solution

That page is a 404. Sorry that page doesn't exist.

But I see what your saying. Spotify is probably testing out somthing on my account that nobody else is experiencing. LOL. They always do this on Thursday!

Found the correct link btw:

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/system_settings/why-am-i-seeing-different-features-than...

Thanks for the link do you think that is the answer?

Yeah

Thanks for your patience with me. LOL.

As a update on my issue. It's been exactly one week since the Spotify connect issue cause the ios app to only allow shuffle only. As of today it's back to normal and I can pick and choose individual tracks when I connect my phone to a Chromecast. Desktop player, Chrome browser player or PS4. So you were correct they were testing something out with my account for a week.

Hey! I am glad to hear that its back to normal, just start a new post if you need help. Jack

Suggested posts