Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Paying for premium, but seeing ads for Spotify podcasts on Home tab

Why exactly is Spotify showing me ads for their podcasts in the Home tab of the app when I am a paid Premium subscriber? I was under the impression that paying for Premium provides an ad-free experience, but apparently this is no longer the case. Not...

• Visitor
  • Why exactly is Spotify showing me ads for their podcasts in the Home tab of the app when I am a paid Premium subscriber? I was under the impression that paying for Premium provides an ad-free experie...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Missing songs in Spotify on iOS search results

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(iPhone Operating System(iOS 12 - latest version.) My Question or IssueSpotify search on my iPhone is showing incomplete / missing results for songs. For example, it will not find any song with the name "Darkhaast", though...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA  Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (iOS 12 - latest version.)   My Question or Issue Spotify search on my iPhone is showing incomplete / mis...
  • Feeder87
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Frozen screen

My app on my phone (iPhone 7) has been frozen on the logo of the app for several days now. I can access Spotify on my laptop (Macbook air) fine, and even play music on my mac through to my phone, but cannot even get into the app. PLEASE HELP. (iOS 12...

• Casual Listener
  • My app on my phone (iPhone 7) has been frozen on the logo of the app for several days now. I can access Spotify on my laptop (Macbook air) fine, and even play music on my mac through to my phone, but...
  • becky1402
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • frozen app
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Search bar requires 2 clicks to play any song

Just earlier today (and all the time previously), when I searched for a song/artist suggestions would come up with album/artist covers (screenshot 1) and it would take 1 click to play a song. Since this afternoon, when I search, only text pops up (sc...

• Casual Listener
  • Just earlier today (and all the time previously), when I searched for a song/artist suggestions would come up with album/artist covers (screenshot 1) and it would take 1 click to play a song. Since t...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Search on iOS APP

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 7 (iOS 12.1.4) My Question or IssueHow to switch the searching mode, like this pictures? https://imgur.com/gallery/okCQhgA

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone 7   (iOS 12.1.4)   My Question or Issue How to switch the searching mode, like this pictures? https://imgur.com/gallery/okCQhgA
  • ACapi
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I don’t have all my downloaded music at one place

PlanPremiumCountryCzech Republic DeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueHello,I just went from Apple Music to Spotify and I can’t find place where I could find all my downloaded music. I have just liked songs and playlists. My frien...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Czech Republic  Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue Hello, I just went from Apple Music to Spotify and I can’t find place where I ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Please fix your CarPlay app

Plan: Family PremiumCountry: USA Device: iPhone XS MaxOperating System: iOS 12 My Question or Issue: The Spotify CarPlay app is horrible and nearly unuseable.1) Half of the time it doesn't even load when I connect my phone. It'll just open to a blank...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Family Premium Country: USA   Device: iPhone XS Max Operating System: iOS 12   My Question or Issue:   The Spotify CarPlay app is horrible and nearly unuseable. 1) Hal...
  • eirethug
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Music interrupted by random songs

Plan - PremiumCountry - UKDevice iPhone 7Operating System - IOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueHi - I was listening to an album on a train last night (Nine Inch Nails) but every time I tried to listen to a track about 30-60 seconds in the track stopped a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan - Premium Country - UK Device iPhone 7 Operating System - IOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue Hi - I was listening to an album on a train last night (Nine Inch Nails) but every tim...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Turn Off Gapless Playback

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: iPhone 7 PlusOperating System: iOS 12.1.4Spotify Version: 8.4.95 My Question or IssueStarting about 2 weeks ago, I have been unable to turn off the Gapless Playback function. When I am listening to a playlist, the son...

• Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: iPhone 7 Plus Operating System: iOS 12.1.4 Spotify Version: 8.4.95   My Question or Issue Starting about 2 weeks ago, I have been unable ...
  • jeff_beck
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 14 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution App update problem on ipad

PlanFreeCountry UKDeviceiPad4)Operating Systemios 10.3.3 My Question or Issue I get an error message on updating the app "App cannot complete downloading update"(see pics). Keeps asking me to retry but repeats with same error message. Tried deleting ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  UK Device iPad4) Operating System ios 10.3.3   My Question or Issue  I get an error message on updating the app "App cannot complete downloading updat...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can no longer listen/sort downloads by artist

USA/iPhone X/Premium After the new update, I can no longer just sort my downloads by artists and listen to what I have downloaded by artist. I have to select a specific album. The “artists” tab just shows me artists that I’m following, which is two b...

• Casual Listener
  • USA/iPhone X/Premium    After the new update, I can no longer just sort my downloads by artists and listen to what I have downloaded by artist. I have to select a specific album. The “art...
  • Cjscharr
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 20 likes
  • artist
    downloads
    issue sorting by artist
    sorting
    Update
  • 9 replies
  • 20 likes

Solved!! Lyrics and suggest a modify

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.1.4) My Question or IssueHi, I try to explain my "problems":1 It's not possible read lyrics of any songs that I listen. Why?Will available this feature? 2 I would suggest a modify about dele...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Italy Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.1.4)   My Question or Issue Hi, I try to explain my "problems": 1 It's not possible read lyrics of any songs that I ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t listen to specific artist

I could listen to the artist Noname perfectly fine yesterday, but this morning it wouldn’t play any of her songs. I tried queueing the song, playing the song off her page, and pressing shuffle on a playlist with only Noname’s songs. Everytime I click...

• I could listen to the artist Noname perfectly fine yesterday, but this morning it wouldn’t play any of her songs. I tried queueing the song, playing the song off her page, and pressing shuffle on a p...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution IPHONE/IPAD Something Went Wrong

Hi,I've read aloooot of threads about this issue and some people have solved it (mostly Desktop or Android Users) and even though I have tried all of their suggestions I still cannot do a search on my spotify, it happens on my iphone app and on my ip...

• Hi, I've read aloooot of threads about this issue and some people have solved it (mostly Desktop or Android Users) and even though I have tried all of their suggestions I still cannot do a search on...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All playlists gone and replaced with some unknown

PlanPremiumGermany DeviceiPhone 8+ Operating SystemiOS Since yesterday my playlists are gone and replaced with really weird ones I don't know. Idk what to do now, using spotify for 5 years and created a pretty big collection in that time... Was all w...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Germany   Device iPhone 8+   Operating System iOS   Since yesterday my playlists are gone and replaced with really weird ones I don't know. Idk what to do now, u...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs won’t play again

The songs I played previously are highlighted as grey and are not playing again. I didn’t even press “Don’t play this song “.PlanFreeCountryIndia DeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemWindows 10

• The songs I played previously are highlighted as grey and are not playing again. I didn’t even press “Don’t play this song “. Plan Free Country India   Device iPhone 6s Operating System ...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

partially missing album

PlanFreeCountryUSA so lately I've noticed that one of my favorite albums, **bleep** Love Songs by The Magnetic Fields, is.. partially missing. I'm not saying that part of the songs aren't available, although that's been a problem for me lately and it...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country USA   so lately I've noticed that one of my favorite albums, **bleep** Love Songs by The Magnetic Fields, is.. partially missing. I'm not saying that part of the songs are...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Repeat Function Gone

Hello The button that once controlled the ability to repeat a playlist, or repeat a single song is gone. Remaining only is the shuffle icon in it's place. I have attached two screenshots. It seems I am not alone amongst users with this issue. Why rem...

• Regular
  • Hello   The button that once controlled the ability to repeat a playlist, or repeat a single song is gone. Remaining only is the shuffle icon in it's place. I have attached two screenshots. It...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Lyrics on iphone

Hi, i had a problem with spotify app on my iPhone. I can’t see any lyrics in spotify. I was update to lastest version but it still doesn’t show anything. I use iphone X, ios 12.1.4 (lastest), my wife, too. But on her phone, spotify show the lyrics. S...

• Visitor
  • Hi, i had a problem with spotify app on my iPhone. I can’t see any lyrics in spotify. I was update to lastest version but it still doesn’t show anything. I use iphone X, ios 12.1.4 (lastest), my wife...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

[Playlists] See in which of my Playlists a Song is in

Plan premiumCountry USA Device iPhone 7Operating System There seems to of been an update to the app and I can no longer locate the buttons to thumbs up or thumbs down a song in the station I’ve created. Attached is a screenshot of what I see. Can any...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan premium Country USA   Device iPhone 7 Operating System    There seems to of been an update to the app and I can no longer locate the buttons to thumbs up or thumbs down a so...
  • Bexy847
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes