Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Cobi.Bike App

Why doesn‘t Spotify support the Cobi.Bike app on IOS?

• Why doesn‘t Spotify support the Cobi.Bike app on IOS?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Any way to play my saved songs by a single artist?

hi,As I'm sure most of you on this forum are aware of, the new UI removed a bunch of essential features. The thing I miss the most is being able to play saved songs I have from one artist from the 'artists' page. I rarely save an artist's entire disc...

• Casual Listener
  • hi, As I'm sure most of you on this forum are aware of, the new UI removed a bunch of essential features. The thing I miss the most is being able to play saved songs I have from one artist from th...
  • 0 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 13 likes

Songs not playing

PlanFree CountryUSADeviceiPhone 8+ and iPad Air 4th(?) genOperating SystemiOS 10 There are two albums that I have finally managed to find after searching many apps for (including Spotify, it's just that originally they were very hard to find), but no...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free  Country USA Device iPhone 8+ and iPad Air 4th(?) gen Operating System iOS 10   There are two albums that I have finally managed to find after searching many apps for (in...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs have to be double clicked?

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 10My Question or Issuesince the newest app update on, I want to say Sunday, my Spotify has become basically unusable on iOS. Clicking on a song on my phone doesn’t play the song. It just stops pla...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 10 My Question or Issue since the newest app update on, I want to say Sunday, my Spotify has become basically unusable on iOS.&nb...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Songs keep skipping - urgent

Hi I have a premium subscription and use Spotify playlists for my classes (I’m an pilates jnteuctor). The playlists seem to be working ok now but they have randomally starting skipping songs (playing about 10 seconds and then playing 10 seconds of an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I have a premium subscription and use Spotify playlists for my classes (I’m an pilates jnteuctor).   The playlists seem to be working ok now but they have randomally starting skipp...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Liked one song, but whole album added to library

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceiPhone X / iPad ProOperating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueWhen I favorite/like/add one song to my library and then go to Library > Albums, the whole album is displayed there, even though I just liked one song of ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device iPhone X / iPad Pro Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue When I favorite/like/add one song to my library and then go to Library ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Update 8.5.0.833 won’t play via Airplay on iOS

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA Devices: iPhone and iPad ProOperating System: iOS 12.1.x Since updating to Spotify 8.5, the music stops playing over Airplay devices after a brief second of sound, but the “play” / progress indicator / song count continues t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA   Devices: iPhone and  iPad Pro Operating System: iOS 12.1.x   Since updating to Spotify 8.5, the music stops playing over Airplay devic...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Equalizer stop working

PlanPremiumMéxico DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12.2 In the recent app update 8.5.0.833 the equalizer stop working when you close the app. It looks like it is on the way you left it, but it sounds like the Flat mode, to fix it you need to select ...

• Plan Premium México   Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12.2   In the recent app update 8.5.0.833 the equalizer stop working when you close the app. It looks like it is on the w...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Random in 'Liked Songs' same every time.

PlanPremium CountryUSA DeviceiPad Pro (MU1U2LL/A)Operating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueEvery time I play my new 'Liked Songs' playlist on random I get the same songs in the same order. It's maddening. Please help. I have thousands of songs i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country USA   Device iPad Pro (MU1U2LL/A) Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue Every time I play my new 'Liked Songs' playlist on random I get ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Not receiving any notifications

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueI activated all possible notifications in the respective tab, in particular the "New Music" and "Concert" ones as these are the ones I'm particularly interested in. However...

• Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue I activated all possible notifications in the respective tab, in particular the "New Music"...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Notifications
    pop up
    push
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Cannot change profile/display name?

My current Spotify display name is just a sequence of numbers. Is there any way I can change this?

• Regular
  • My current Spotify display name is just a sequence of numbers. Is there any way I can change this?
  • AppleG
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery drain-iphone 7

Hello battery is going down very fast when I’m using Spotify. What can I do?

• Roadie
  • Hello  battery is going down very fast when I’m using Spotify.  What can I do?
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Personal music on iPhone not showing on Spotify

PremiumUSA DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or Issue I used to have a section in my playlists called "Music on this Device" (or similar). Basically it was a link to all of my iTunes playlists and content and I could play it on Spoti...

•   Premium USA   Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue   I used to have a section in my playlists called "Music on this Device" (or similar). ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to view Length / Run-Time of Albums

Ever since the most recent iOS update, I can no longer see the run time / length of albums. Is it hiding somewhere else? Would be nice to see how long an album is so I can know whether or not I have time to listen to it uninterrupted...

• Regular
  • Ever since the most recent iOS update, I can no longer see the run time / length of albums. Is it hiding somewhere else?   Would be nice to see how long an album is so I can know whether or no...
  • Reubensangwich
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes

Queue is completely broken on multiple devices

My Spotify "next in queue" has experienced a glitch I have never experienced before. It is fixed on a single playlist and will not change. I can play any single song from anywhere on my library, but the next song will always be the next in the order ...

• My Spotify "next in queue" has experienced a glitch I have never experienced before. It is fixed on a single playlist and will not change. I can play any single song from anywhere on my library,...
  • yogaletty
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! HELP: Freezing songs on Playstation

My music keeps freezing after approx. 3 secs on my PS4. I am able to play music on my laptop but if I try to play through PS4, it freezes. I have lowered my MTU, deleted and reinstalled, even logged out of each device... Nothing is working. Please he...

• Casual Listener
  • My music keeps freezing after approx. 3 secs on my PS4. I am able to play music on my laptop but if I try to play through PS4, it freezes. I have lowered my MTU, deleted and reinstalled, even logged ...
  • rhiggins1704
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Music Won't Stay Paused With Headphone's In

I recently downloaded the new version of Spotify on 4/12/19 to my windows desktop and the music will not stay paused as long as my headphones are plugged in. This is driving me insane, someone please help! I have uninstalled, re-downloaded a bunch, r...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently downloaded the new version of Spotify on 4/12/19 to my windows desktop and the music will not stay paused as long as my headphones are plugged in. This is driving me insane, someone please...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Personal Playlist will not play

I have Spotify premium and I love it. But as of yesterday, my Spotify will not play any of my playlists. I will press shuffle and it will play one song from that playlist or even my daily mixes, then the next song will be a song I don't know and is n...

• I have Spotify premium and I love it. But as of yesterday, my Spotify will not play any of my playlists. I will press shuffle and it will play one song from that playlist or even my daily mixes, then...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! How can I make newly added songs be at the top of a custom mode playlists

Spoiler (Highlight to read)I want my newest songs be on the top of the playlist but I also want to customize the order of the songsany help?(Premium)I want my newest songs be on the top of the playlist but I also want to customize the order of the so...

• Casual Listener
  • I want my newest songs be on the top of the playlist but I also want to customize the order of the songs any help? (Premium) Plan Free/Premium Country IL   Operating System (iOS 10, And...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Places of Songs in List
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

New terrible update 2019 removes personal playlist features from main interface

Dear Spotify,If I’ve made my own friggin playlist I don’t need or want favorite/not interested buttons in my interface!! I do want the shuffle and queue in the main interface. Also moving the options buttons to the top of the screen is annoying. Plea...

• Dear Spotify, If I’ve made my own friggin playlist I don’t need or want favorite/not interested buttons in my interface!!  I do want the shuffle and queue in the main interface.  Also movi...
  • ChrisA1999
  • Music Fan
  • 36 replies
  • 105 likes
  • 36 replies
  • 105 likes