Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Discover tab is not refreshing

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 7Operating Systemios12.4 My Question or Issuenew releases is updated on Friday but everything else has been stagnant for a few weeks.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 7 Operating System ios12.4   My Question or Issue new releases is updated on Friday but everything else has been stagnant for a few weeks. ...
  • ahittle
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify will not go “Online” status

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone XOperating System(iOS 10 My Question or IssueI cannot get my Spotify to go into “online” mode. Have deleted and added the app to ensure latest version, looked through the menu options, Googled steps (but the st...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPhone X Operating System (iOS 10   My Question or Issue I cannot get my Spotify to go into “online” mode. Have deleted and added the app to ensur...
  • Missk78
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t Play only downloaded songs?

PremiumiOS10 Spotify ver 8.4.94 I used to be able to pick “saved songs” from my library, and this would play every song i chose to download from any playlist. Now I’m only able to choose to play “favorite songs” (which are different from the songs i ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Premium iOS10  Spotify ver 8.4.94   I used to be able to pick “saved songs” from my library, and this would play every song i chose to download from any playlist. Now I’m only a...
  • Moglum
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Offline Access
    Offline Content
    Offline songs
    saved songs
    saved songs gone
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Green arrow shows 4 downloaded songs but playlist only has 1.

Syncing nightmare. Sometimes it works after trying a bunch of times. Most of the time it doesn't work. Super fast wifi ( both mac and iphone on same network ). A ton of space available. Why is it so hard to get songs play on all devices? You'd think ...

• Casual Listener
  • Syncing nightmare. Sometimes it works after trying a bunch of times. Most of the time it doesn't work. Super fast wifi ( both mac and iphone on same network ). A ton of space available. Why is it so ...
  • Darlinj
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot find the repeat option on the ios app

PlanFreeCountryNew Zealand DeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or Issue I would like to play a song on repeat. But in the current ios app I cant find any repeat option. Checked in the player and the menu that opens up when you p...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country New Zealand   Device iPhone XS Max Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue  I would like to play a song on repeat. But in the current ios app I ...
  • A_Musicophile
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded song plays on iPhone app but does not show up in "Songs"

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(iPhone SE)Operating System(iOS 12.1.4) My Question or IssueI recently saved a song called Bye Bye Yesterday by Fabien Ducommun to "Songs" within my library. I have a Premium account so when I save songs, they download aut...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device (iPhone SE) Operating System (iOS 12.1.4)   My Question or Issue I recently saved a song called Bye Bye Yesterday by Fabien Ducommun to "Songs" ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

listening to playlist by date added - PLEASE HELP

I have a very large playlist of random songs. 500+. I like playing from the newest to oldest (date I included it on the playlist). I can do this on my Mac but cant see the option on my iphone. Driving me mad having to scroll down to most recent tunes...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a very large playlist of random songs. 500+. I like playing from the newest to oldest (date I included it on the playlist). I can do this on my Mac but cant see the option on my iphone. Drivin...
  • Lawrence33
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

my spotify ui chaged

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS12 My Question or Issue my ui just changed. now it only shows ‘playlists’ ‘artists’ and ‘albums’the albums only appear if they’re full saved and all my song went to a playlist called ‘liked songs’ that can’...

81987D69-A3FE-495D-A89D-711EDB2F2A88.png 57425ADA-A36E-4B1C-84B2-F6F81BF3D427.png
  • Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Device iPhone X Operating System iOS12   My Question or Issue   my ui just changed. now it only shows ‘playlists’ ‘artists’ and ‘albums’ the albums only appea...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

local files not appearing in grey on iphone

while i am trying to go throught the typical process of creating a playlist of local files on my laptop, then downloading that, and then downloading it on my phone, while the playlist itself appears on my phone, the songs do not. Instead of showing u...

• while i am trying to go throught the typical process of creating a playlist of local files on my laptop, then downloading that, and then downloading it on my phone, while the playlist itself appears ...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle play no longer carries over

I recently updated to the latest version of Spotify. In previous versions, if your phone was already set to shuffle play, no matter what song in your playlist you clicked on, it would automatically shuffle from there. Now, if you click any song regar...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently updated to the latest version of Spotify. In previous versions, if your phone was already set to shuffle play, no matter what song in your playlist you clicked on, it would automatically s...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes

play queue invisible on iPhone 8 plus

PremiumFrance DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or Issue: The play queue is invisible on iPhone 8 plus . I did what was requested on Spotify answers: "Tap the ‘Now Playing’ bar at the bottom of the app.Hit the button in the top-rig...

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 12.06.06.png
  • Regular
  • Premium France   Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue:   The play queue is invisible on iPhone 8 plus . I did what was requested on Spotify answ...
  • mellissaa
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists randomly changing

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDeviceiPhone 6SOperating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueI have recently started experiencing an issue with my music switching to a random playlist I’ve never listened to before. It will happen without me touching the...

• Plan Premium Country  Australia Device iPhone 6S Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue I have recently started experiencing an issue with my music switching to a rand...
  • AppleG
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify on iPhone cannot see Firestick in "Devices Available"

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceiPhone 5SOperating System(iOS 12.1.4 My Question or Issue iPhone can no longer detect Firestick in "devices available", or at least it is intermittent. Have tried restarting phone and Firestick; other devices work can see i...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  UK Device iPhone 5S Operating System (iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue  iPhone can no longer detect Firestick in "devices available", or a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Saved Songs

Hi all, I previously used to access my "saved songs" via my recently played section, however I cannot find my saved songs any longer. Even when I click on "your library" I still cannot find Saved Songs. This is on my pc and also on my iPhone. Please ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hi all,   I previously used to access my "saved songs" via my recently played section, however I cannot find my saved songs any longer.  Even when I click on "your library" I sti...
  • Lucianks
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Alphabet scroll list went missing

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 6S My Question or Issue My alphabet scroll bar (like the one seen below) is gone for artists. I use this function all the time & now have to scroll through hundreds of artists... it's the worst. I haven't tried rein...

Spiffy.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 6S     My Question or Issue  My alphabet scroll bar (like the one seen below) is gone for artists. I use this function all the tim...
  • AcousticGrover
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Playback always starts from beginning when using iOS to control desktop

PremiumAustraliaiphone 6 When using my iphone 6 as a remote control for the spotify app on my mac desktop it will only start playback of any playlist from the first song. It is impossible to start from a song further down the playlist. Seems to be so...

• Premium Australia iphone 6     When using my iphone 6 as a remote control for the spotify app on my mac desktop it will only start playback of any playlist from the first song. It is i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Voice Control Connection Problems

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 6s My Question or Issue For at least the past week every time I try to use Voice Control I get the error "Connection Problems Try again later". I've been trying every day and get this error. I've tried different wif...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 6s   My Question or Issue  For at least the past week every time I try to use Voice Control I get the error "Connection Problems Try aga...
  • harpojarvey
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing on Carplay

Spotify PremiumPhilippines iPhone XSIOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueWhen using Apple Carplay and switching cellular data on, the music suddenly stops. Sometimes it goes back after 2 seconds, but most of the time the music doesn’t go back but shows tha...

• Spotify Premium Philippines   iPhone XS IOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue When using Apple Carplay and switching cellular data on, the music suddenly stops. Sometimes it goes back af...
  • AcousticGrover
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Apple CarPlay
    LTE
    stops playing music
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops after 10 second when using Apple Carplay

Happens in my car using Carplay but I've also just checked and it fails on wifi connection too. PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemIOS 12.1 and Spotify version 8.4.786.643 My Question or Issue Just recently I find that each new song o...

• Casual Listener
  • Happens in my car using Carplay but I've also just checked and it fails on wifi connection too.  Plan Premium Country  UK Device iPhone 7 Operating System IOS 12.1 and Spotify versi...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio stations acting like playlists

PlanPremiumCountry United States DeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or Issue I am not able to make a radio, or go to any radio station. Instead, I am sent to a playlist that has about 50 songs, and only when I go to the last song a...

• Plan Premium Country  United States    Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue   I am not able to make a radio, or go to any radio sta...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • dislike
    Radio
    station
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes