Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Regarding the UI update

Regarding the UI update

Now I have been using Spotify for maybe around 4 months now, and have really been enjoying it. Very smooth and easy to get around... until a couple of days ago. I’ll get straight to the point: I highly dislike the new interface on mobile.

I can’t seem to understand how it seemed like a legitimate step-up to what you guys had going on before. Firstly, I don’t see why it was necessary for you all to move recently played and made for you to other places. I realise you are all trying to simplify the library, but I don’t think you’re doing to it any better. Just makes everything more complicated, to be frank.

Also, downloading single songs of an album just got even more complicated. I used to just download the whole album and remove the songs I didn’t want one by one (which even that is a little gimmicky, but I didn’t mind), but I can’t seem to do that anymore. I understand you are a playlist-oriented service, and I totally understand that, but it would be nice if you could think about all the album listeners, which includes myself.

In conclusion, it would be really nice if you could bring back the old UI (or at least, give us the option to choose which UI we can use). It would be quite relieving to see that in the next update. Or else, I may very well consider changing music services. Show me that I can trust you, Spotify!

Thank you,

Julian

1 Reply

Hey @Wynian, thanks for reaching out!

I've read your post, and I understand how you feel about the recent update. Spotify released this update to improve your listening experience, and there is more info on this here. In that page, you'll also be able to leave your feedback and it will reach Spotify HQ!

I hope this helps. If you need help with anything in the future, just let me know - I'll be right here to help 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts