Spotify Connect stuck on connecting

Spotify Connect stuck on connecting

Plan

Premium

Country

AU/US (US account living in AU)

Device

Apple Watch

I was able to download songs to my Apple Watch with my phone next to me and through wifi. I connected a bluetooth speaker to my Apple Watch. I was able to play the dowloaded songs on the bluetooth speaker for a couple days without my phone near me (actually in another city) and without wifi. Now I cannot. On the Apple Watch settings, the speaker is connected in the bluetooth section. On Spotify, when I click Spotify Connect in the bottom right hand corner, it is stuck on connecting.

Everything is updated - watch and apps. I tried to turn Airplane mode on and off, bluetooth on and off, unpair and pair speaker. I have not uninstalled Spotify on the watch because I don't have wifi or phone access for the watch at the moment in order to reinstall and re-download the playlists, so...

Bonus points if the solutions don't include needing wifi or phone.

Thanks!

1 Reply

Hi there @lindybug,

Thanks for the post!

It would be best if you try reinstalling the app when you have access to your phone and a WiFi network. 

If more than 30 days have passed since you have loaded the songs on your watch, the app will need to re-download them. This is to verify that you're still a Premium user. This can be causing some issues.

Can you stream music from the watch to your speaker or headphones (not from the downloaded songs) if you connect to another free WiFi network?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts