Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Deletes Downloads Randomly on iOS and desktop

Spotify Deletes Downloads Randomly on iOS and desktop

1. None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country

Usa

Devices:

Iphone xs and lenovo

Operating System

(iOS 10, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Spotify keeps deleting albums and playlists that I have downloaded. I researched this issue and it looks like Spotify does not believe that this is an app issue. According to Spotify, if you have over 5 devices, audio will be deleted from the oldest/least used device. This issue is happening on my two most used devices. My app is up to date. Any ideas? I havent seen anything about this in the last year, but i have been having this issue for months on my computer and it just started on my phone.

7 Replies

Happened again today.

Hey there @Vol_,

Welcome to the Community 🙂

Sorry to hear the app is causing you trouble with your downloaded songs. No worries, we're here to help!

clean reinstall is always a good choice to start with. Just a heads-up, this will remove all your downloads and you'll have to download everything again for offline listening. 

If this doesn't already do the trick, check if you have any cache clearing apps on your device and if you do make sure Spotify is listed as an exception.

You can also visit this support page for even more info on how to fix issues with your downloads.

Hope this helps! Keep us posted and together we'll get this resolved.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Sorry, Ive been super busy the last couple days. Ill try a clean reinstall tonight and let you know.

I did a clean reinstall and my downloads are still being deleted.

Hello again @Vol_,

Sorry to hear the issue persists after the clean reinstall. Thanks for giving it a try!

Just to confirm - did you check for any cache clearing apps on your devices? Do all your downloads get removed or is it just part of them? Have you checked if the location for offline song storage is set correctly (you can find it under Advanced Settings of the desktop app) and that you have sufficient free space available? Are Local Files included in the playlists you're downloading or do they only contain tracks from our catalog?

Since this is happening on both your PC and your phone the issue might be with your account. Is it possible for you to log in to a different Spotify account or try another device to check if the same thing happens.

Once we have these details, we'll see what we can suggest next.

We'll keep a lookout for your reply.

XeniaModerator

Yea, I have no cache clearing apps. All of my downloads are removed eventually, but it appears to happen in stages over a period of hours. The storage location on my pc appears to be set correctly. There are no local files in my playlists.

The issue does not happen on my wifes phone. We both have iphone xs and we share a family  account. My phone is only a month old.

Thanks for your confirmation, @Vol_!

This rather sounds like there might be something wrong with the cache on your device, in which case we recommend to remove all your offline devices. You'll have to reach out to our support teams here and they'll be happy to help you with that.

Be sure to reply to any automated messages you receive from support, even if they are from no-reply, as this will speed up the process and ensure that someone from the support team will get in touch with you.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be right here in case you need a hand with anything else.

XeniaModerator

Suggested posts