Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Feature Request: Spotify Cloud Queue

Spotify Feature Request: Spotify Cloud Queue

Hi Spotify Developers, 

First, I would like to say you guys did a killer job on these Cocoa apps. I have never used the windows version, but the iOS and OSX versions kick-ass. So much faster than iTunes, and the downloads are almost instantaneous over 4G-LTE. I do have a feature request, and for lack of a better term, I am going to call it Spotify Cloud Queue.

It is a feature where I can stop playing  a song on my computer, pick up my iPhone, go to my car, and start playback from where I left off on my computer. However, I would say not to make it automatic, more like how Safari iCloud tabs work, where you can see the Queue's of each of your computers in UIPopout.

Some things that make this harder: A lot of people use the radio feature, in which case there would not really be a queue, since the queue is only one song long for radio. I noticed that you already kind of sync which radio stations were last played, so while Spotify Cloud Queue could work with picking up a radio station, I can see the different hurdles.

This could be a major selling point over grooveshark, as you could listen to a song on your computer, then decide to go for a walk, and never miss a single beat.

Congrats on all the hard work, Objective-C can be a real nocker when creating GUIs.

0 Replies

Suggested posts