Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify For IOS 4.2.1

Solved!

Spotify For IOS 4.2.1

Is there any way to download spotify for ios 4.2.1? If not, please consider making one. I am a premium subscriber and I desperately need spotify on my ipod touch. But the last version it will upgrade to is 4.2.1.
29 Replies

I have been using Spotify v0.4.24.65.gaef36bd1 with a Late 2009 iPod touch 3td gen 8GB (MC086KS, iOS 4.2.1).

But now it doesn't anymore update the playlists like my newer iOS devices do. I can log in but that's it. Any changes I do to the playlists on my Mac (OS X 10.11.6) don't propagate to the old iPod. I have logged out/in, rebooted, reinstalled Spotify but the problem persists.

Has there been a recent change that disables Spotify on old devices like that??

Hi,

I downloaded and installed an older version since i'm using an ipod touch 2gen.

After login with an email (not fb) I get the following screen and nothing changes ....

IMG_0001.PNG

Please help

Regards Philippe

I have excatly the same problem, that i wish to install SPOTIFY on my iPod with iOs 4.2.1. but it doesn't work.

Would be great to get help or a solution ?

I have excatly the same problem, and I'm really pissed about the fact that they always want you to buy their latest products and versions.

Suddenly Spotify spontaneously again started to sync playlists in the old iPod touch 3rd gen 8GB (MC086KS, iOS 4.2.1) and in the new LG OLED55B6V smart TV (WebOS 3.0).

So now they work OK again. Maybe it was something in the Spotify's end that caused this.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Spotify-for-iOS-4-2-1-and-WebOS-3-0-doesn-t-sync-pl...

Thanks for your return.

Is it also possible to register a new account with iOS 4.2.1, because that was my main problem.

See my post from 2017-04-29 09:15 AM

br

Still not possible to login. I'm blocked on the screen with the spinning wheel where it says "discover music and share with your friends" or somewhat 😞

I need to use spotify on my ipod 4gen

How can i do it, help me please

I assume this option is now entire gone when Apple got rid of the last workaround to installing apps on OS's (when they removed the AppStore from iTunes), the last desperate bid to make people replace old hardware that was still working - it would seem that Cupertino aren't happy with just slowing down my old devices, but they REALLY want to block me from using them.... it's just an old iPod Touch Gen2 that I want to keep as a media player at home, but without Spotify the idea of paying for a product that is forcibly retired within 2 years loses its appeal even faster than it did before!

Looks like I'm going to demote my Galaxy S2 to doing this media player role, but it seems a waste since it's running very nearly the latest Android OS, still lasts 2 days on the new battery (£5 and 10 seconds to install) and is actually running faster on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) than it did when when it was released in 2011 with Android 2.3 (Gingerbread).... I'm not praising Samsung here - I'm praising competition... they just had to offer all those options to me back then, otherwise I would have gone with whoever was offering those features and flexiblity.

4/2/2018 - Reporting this method still works fine. Updated an iPod Touch 2nd Gen to 4.2.1, opened App Store, logged in (to app store) with an account which had previously downloaded Spotify. I was offered an 'older version' after trying to install Spotify from the App Store on the device and accepted the older version. Spotify installed and I was able to log in with my Spotify premium account credentials. Everything seems normal and the app works great! THANK YOU SPOTIFY (and Apple) for maintaining compatibility with older versions!!!!!!!

Suggested posts