Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify For IOS 4.2.1

Solved!

Spotify For IOS 4.2.1

Is there any way to download spotify for ios 4.2.1? If not, please consider making one. I am a premium subscriber and I desperately need spotify on my ipod touch. But the last version it will upgrade to is 4.2.1.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I linked to a post below that saying

1. Make USA account (it may work with other countries accounts, but maybe it is important to do it using USA account)
2. Download itunes, install it. Login with usa account
3. download spotify (normal spotify, not ios4 version) on itunes.
4. Connect ipod.
5. Sync Spotify app from itunes with ipod
5. if it does not sync go to appstore on ipod and install spotify using appstore on ipod.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I just tried today installing it and it worked. I am running iOS 4.2.1 on my iPod Touch. I went to the App Store and downloaded the app. It gave a pop-up saying I have to download a legacy version of Spotify, but this version is still fine.

View solution in original post

29 Replies

It can be done. Just follow the steps in this excellent post to get spotify on your ipod.

I saw that post earlier and attempted it, but it didn't work. On my ipod, I do not have anything that says "purchased apps" in updates as it mentions
Marked as solution

1. Make USA account (it may work with other countries accounts, but maybe it is important to do it using USA account)
4. Connect ipod.
5. if it does not sync go to appstore on ipod and install spotify using appstore on ipod.

Ok, I will give that a try

That worked! At first when I tried to sync my apps on the computer, it said my ios version wasn't new enough. But I tried again on the ipod and it said I had the wrong version of ios and asked of I wanted to download an older version. Everything seems to work! Thanks a lot!

Awesome. Enjoy your music 🙂

Can't find regular spotify on itunes...just pad and phone. Am I missing something? Thanks!!

What device do you want spotify for? If it's for a windows PC or Mac, just go here.

I have it for everything else but I got an ipod touch with 4.2.1 (won't update further of course so I'm guessing it's gen 2) and am trying to follow the steps but I'm not sure what you mean in step 3. I only see ipad and iphone versions of spotify on the windows itunes store. If I try to get it on the app store on the pod, of course it cancels because I don't have version 6 so I can't do step 3 that way. Probably simple but it's going over my head for some reason. 

Aha, no worries. The touch uses the same as the iphone so that's the version you want.

Yes!! That did it! Thanks for the clarification. You're awesome.

Perfect hint! Everything easy to install.

Amazing thank you so much!

@Joe wrote:

4. Connect ipod.

@Joe wrote:

4. Connect ipod.

@Joe wrote:

4. Connect ipod.

@Joe wrote:

4. Connect ipod.

@Joe wrote:

4. Connect ipod.

@Joe wrote:

4. Connect ipod.

@Joe wrote:

4. Connect ipod.

@Joe wrote:

4. Connect ipod.

@Joe wrote:

4. Connect ipod.

@Joe wrote:

4. Connect ipod.

@Joe wrote:

4. Connect ipod.

I tried doing this, but it still says that I require a newer software update. Am I missing something? Thanks!

This worked for me. 

Thanks a lot.

It's true!!!! Thx a lot!! It's fantastic!!

Marked as solution

I just tried today installing it and it worked. I am running iOS 4.2.1 on my iPod Touch. I went to the App Store and downloaded the app. It gave a pop-up saying I have to download a legacy version of Spotify, but this version is still fine.

your a god thx alot 

just tried this and it won't work either with itunes or app store?...

on app store, when attempting to download spotify, it simply gives me the error message that I must have 8.0 or higher and then kicks me out...

in itunes, when i search the word "spotify", it doesn't find the app at all. 

HELP????  My email is czvirg@yahoo.com

Suggested posts