Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 12.2

My Question or Issue

I use my phone connected to CarPlay in a BMW X3.  I have noticed in the last month or so that after I shut my car off and unplug the phone that Spotify continues playing on my phone.  I had wondered what was using so much data on my plan and see on the lock screen the Spotify widget with the pause button and the position in the track moving.  There is no audio since the phone is set to silent.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @johnsroberts.

Thanks for reaching out - let's see what we can do to help.

First, could you let us know if this has changed recently (e.g. since updating), or has it always been this way?

In any case, could you try unlinking your device from Apple CarPlay and then relinking it, making sure to follow the steps described here?

If that doesn't help, could you perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your phone? Here are the steps for that.

If you're still having trouble, and your music keeps playing after disconnecting, let us know and we'll look into it.

Thanks - we'll be looking out for your reply 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @johnsroberts.

Thanks for reaching out - let's see what we can do to help.

First, could you let us know if this has changed recently (e.g. since updating), or has it always been this way?

In any case, could you try unlinking your device from Apple CarPlay and then relinking it, making sure to follow the steps described here?

If that doesn't help, could you perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your phone? Here are the steps for that.

If you're still having trouble, and your music keeps playing after disconnecting, let us know and we'll look into it.

Thanks - we'll be looking out for your reply 🙂

So far this seems to have worked, that or the latest app update. Either way it has not been an issue again. 

Hey @johnsroberts.

Glad to hear that worked for you 🙂 

Keep us posted - we'll be here in case you need any more help with this.

Thanks!

Suggested posts