Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

iPhone 11 PRO

Operating System

iOS 13.7

My Question or Issue

My kid like to listen to tales in the car, before bedtime etc. But in the Spotify Kids app, we can’t turn off shuffle, so it doesn’t play the tale in order. 

Is there any way to turn this off? I can’t find it in settings. 

15 Replies

Hey there @Luthern,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. Could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this?

If you are, can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your kid's device > log back in? 

Screenshots of what you see will be very helpful to our investigation as well.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This didn't resolve it for me, so frustrating. I'm on Android, latest version of app

Hey @stevieboy84,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you try reinstalling the Kids app? If the issue persists, could you send us a screenshot of how the app looks like when something is being played? This will help us have a better understanding of what you're seeing on your end.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

We are having the same problem. It occurs when I play a shared playlist while my iPhone is connected to my car’s Bluetooth. Turning off shuffle in my car’s music controls did not have any effect.

Hey @Blaker,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

Just to be on the same page, would you mind confirming if this happens when your device is connected to any Bluetooth device or just your car?

Also, in order to have a better look at the behavior you're mentioning, could you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to watch it).

Lastly, include in your next response the make, model, and OS version of both devices, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Oscar, thanks for your reply. This happens only when connected to my car, not when connected to other bluetooth speakers or while playing via AirPlay on my HomePods.

I will try to record a video as soon as we will be using Spotify Kids in the car again.

Device 1: iPhone 15, iOS 17.2.1, Spotify Kids 1.36.0.17

Device 2: VW Golf Variant, German 2020 model.

Hi @Blaker,

Thanks for your reply and for the info. 

First, let us know if you've tried any troubleshooting steps, like reinstalling the Spotify app on your device. When you have the chance, send over the video or recording of the behavior, and include a picture or screenshot of what your Queue looks like when you're playing the shared playlist on your car. Additionally, does this happen with just that playlist you mention? Or does it happen with every playlist you play?

We'll wait for your reply.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi Spotify team,

please find two videos attached: The first one shows the behavior of my car's bluetooth controls with the regular Spotify app. You can see that the controls for shuffle and repeat are synced between my car and the app.

The second video shows the behavior of the Spotify kids app. The app has no controls for shuffle or repeat. Still, I can enable shuffle by pressing the according button on my car's display. Apparently, this seems to enable shuffle playback in the Spotify kids app. Pressing the button again, it just won't be deactivated again!

Link to first video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvIpJ1bYaPOwgrpUwXfoOqWZL3QoLQ?e=lFDTod

Link to second video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvIpJ1bYaPOwgrpVd__vpl0y2I9ShA?e=7zE8uq

We appreciate the cooperation @Blaker!

As it seems that we don't have access to the videos you sent over, could you send them once again? 

You can try attaching them to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor, but if the attachments are too big - we'd suggest that you upload them either to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the videos have the permissions for anyone to see them) or upload them as unlisted YouTube videos. 

We'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂

IvelinaModerator

This is weird, I did upload the to OneDrive with public permissions.

Could you please try this link: 2 Elemente

Hi @Blaker,

Thanks for trying to send the videos again. However, we are unable to access One Drive from here. Could you possibly upload them to Google Drive? Or you can post them to YouTube and send the link. Another option is to attach the videos here in mp4 format. 

We'll be here.

Susan_GPModerator

Hi there @Blaker,

Thanks so much, we were finally able to check the videos. 

Now, as of right now, the official Spotify kids app doesn't support Shuffle. You're able to turn it on because your car's music app offers the Shuffle option. However, this shouldn't happen, and as it is an unsupported feature of the Spotify app, it creates a conflict, resulting in not being able to disable it. 

We thank you for taking the time to let us know about this situation. We always aim to improve, so we’ve passed the info on to the right team so they can investigate. In the meantime, to avoid inconveniences, we'd recommend not using the Shuffle option on your car's screen when using Spotify Kids. Or do you have any issues when using Spotify Kids and not enabling that option?

We'll be here in case you need further assistance.

Susan_GPModerator

Hi Susan,

thanks for the explanation. My car (as said before it's an ordinary VW Golf with a default VW media system) seems to enable shuffle by itself, so I am kind of stuck in that situation. I would expect that I am not the only user affected by this, so I hope your dev team will be able to fix that issue.

Cheers
David

Hey folks, 

Thanks for the patience while we look into this. 

Our internal teams are still investigating this, but we can't commit to a specific timeline for it to be fixed. We'd recommend keeping your app up to date so that you don't miss out on any development. 

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here.

NovyModerator

Suggested posts