Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium Stopped Working on iPhone (after years) Still Working on Computer

Spotify Premium Stopped Working on iPhone (after years) Still Working on Computer

Plan

Premium

Device

(iPhone 11 & Macbook Pro)

My Question or Issue

Hi today all of a sudden the iPhone Spotify App kept stopping and turning itself off whenever I tried to start it (I didnt even get onto it). I thought it was a glitch hence I deleted it to reinstall it. Since deleting it, it wouldn't let me re-install it, it doesn't even show in the app store as it used to, and I haven't changed any options. I have been using Spotify Premium on my iPhone for years. It is however still working perfectly fine on my MacBook pro. After this happened I tried changing the country in I tunes on my phone, figuring there may be an issue with the country settings. It then did show up in app store, however when trying to download it, it just says "Account Not in This Store, Your Account is not valid for use in the UK store. You must switch...". All this time my account on my laptop is still working fine, but unfortunately I can't get it working again on my phone??? Also earlier it was indicated to me, whilst on my account in Spotify, that there were technical issues. Not sure if this relates, I have used these accounts for years. Please help!

1 Reply

Hey there @qschaedle,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

Could you double check what country your Apple account is set to? If it's a region where Spotify hasn't launched yet, you won't be able to find the app in the AppStore. 

If you could also post a screenshot of the message with the technical issues on your Spotify account, that would help us out a lot. Just be sure to hide any personal or sensitive information. You can use the Insert Photos option in the post editor to do this.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Have a nice day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts