Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium not working on iPhone 5?

Solved!

Spotify Premium not working on iPhone 5?

Hello,

I recently signed up to premium with my Facebook account. However, when I try spotify on my iPhone 5 the app says I'm not a premium user. The app is connected to my Facebook account as well.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@SoWhatSo wrote:
Hello,

I recently signed up to premium with my Facebook account. However, when I try spotify on my iPhone 5 the app says I'm not a premium user. The app is connected to my Facebook account as well.

Hi, please try logging out then into the app, and ensure it says you have a premium subscription at the account subscription page.

You may also want to uninstall then reinstall. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Yes, sorry, I'm always jump on the gun too soon. Anyways, I've read the community rules and I have also connected my spotify. Thank you!

Marked as solution

You get an automatic 48 hour free trial when you first sign in on a mobile device. Your normal subscription should start after those 48 hours are up automatically. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

40 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post. Spotify did have some website issues this morning, so upgrades might just be taking a while to be recognised on devices. 

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

@SoWhatSo wrote:
Hello,

Hi, please try logging out then into the app, and ensure it says you have a premium subscription at the account subscription page.

You may also want to uninstall then reinstall. 

Marked as solution

Yes, sorry, I'm always jump on the gun too soon. Anyways, I've read the community rules and I have also connected my spotify. Thank you!

I received a premium subscription for Christmas.  Just got a new iphone5 and now get message saying i'm not a premium subscriber.  Very frustrating; i've logged out/in again,  re-installed and don't know what to do next.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

same here no luck at all I even went on my PC to assure that i have a premium service and on my 5 i login and at the top of the screen it says 48 hours left of your fee trial

Marked as solution

You get an automatic 48 hour free trial when you first sign in on a mobile device. Your normal subscription should start after those 48 hours are up automatically. 

Peter

Peter

im also having the same problem

I have logged out and logged back in, doesn't recognize premium account. I have reinstalled the app and still nothing. My order number is 1231849487. Please help!

@Noahjb wrote:
I have logged out and logged back in, doesn't recognize premium account. I have reinstalled the app and still nothing. My order number is 1231849487. Please help!

If you log into your online account does it show as Spotify premium? 

Peter

Peter

No it does not.

@Noahjb wrote:
No it does not.

In that case you will get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they can look into this a little closer for you. It sounds like you have more than one account, and you have not purchased premium on the one you are currently logging into, its amazingly easy to accidentally have an account with a Spotify username and another via Facebook.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

I just bought an iPhone 5C and upgraded to premium. My account page says I have an active premium account, but when logged into my phone it keeps telling me only premium users can stream music on the phone. 

Do I need a device code? I requested one of those yesterday and it said it had emailed me one, but I still have received nothing. 

I have uninstalled, logged out, etc... no change. 

What do I do? 

@johnbtamm - Are you still having issues with this? 

Peter

I have been having the same issue with it saying that I am not a premium subscriber on my Iphone 5 I also tried to delete and reinstall to no avail....please help. It is working fine on my desk-top. Was working on my I-phone till I logged out and logged back in..

Hello. I'm having the same problems. I have been charged for premium, it's working on my IPad, it says i'm a preminum member on my desktop but it says I need to sign up for premium service on my iphone. I have logged out everywhere and then back in and still the same. This sucks because I got it to use in travel and now cannot. Any help would be much appreciated.

@sweatmaster5000 - Try reinstalling the app on your iPhone. Does that make any difference? 

Peter

I just did and it is still not working. I try making playlists to see if it works that way as well but it says that I need to upgrade to premium to download the album. Also, my account is sweatmaster5000. Not sure how this name came up.

I have the same problem. I have premium subscription but it does not work in my iphone 5

I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post. Do they work?

Peter

Suggested posts