Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium not working on iPhone 5?

Solved!

Spotify Premium not working on iPhone 5?

Hello,

I recently signed up to premium with my Facebook account. However, when I try spotify on my iPhone 5 the app says I'm not a premium user. The app is connected to my Facebook account as well.
40 Replies

Hi!

I have already tried the tree steps you suggested but it does not work.

All this started when my account lost the prenumeration a couple of months ago and I hade to start a new subscription.

I have reinstalled spotify more than one time withou success. Thanks for helping with this!

Does your account show as premium on your online overview?:
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi!

I've been having problems with my Spotify app on my iPone 5. I am a premium user. But even if I have enough data available on my mobile suscription, the app doesn't work unless I am using a Wi-Fi connection, not directly from my data plan on my iPhone. If I try internet version it does work. Help please!

Do you get any error messages?

Peter

No, it keeps trying to connect to internet. If I go to Settings and go to Mobile T&C it says I am not allowed to visit that website...

Does browsing work in Safari on mobile data?

Peter

It does, that's the weird thing...

Its worth double checking mobile data isn't disabled for some reason for Spotify in?:
iOS Settings > Mobile > Scroll Down > Spotify

Peter

It is green. Still not working..

I know its a pain but it might be worth a clean reinstallation of the app to see if that makes any difference?

Peter

Yeah, I had already done that and didn't work

This is a nightmare, I'm pretty p***ed off at Spotify, I sent and email outlining the fact that I had:

- uninstalled and reinstalled

-logged in through facebook

-logged in with username

-logged in with email

-logged in with secondary email

what do they do? Tell me to go to the community and discover that nobody has an answer other than what I have already tried. The worst part is that it initially worked on the app, and then the settings changed when I was updating my mac app on laptop.

Surely somebody from Spotify should be addressing this issue?

That is an automated email, just reply directly to it and your case will be pushed over to an adviser.

Peter

@grantmcwhirter -- you'll get a response from the support team soon, but if you log out of the app using the Log Out option, and then login with your username grantmcwhirter not your email address or Facebook details, you'll get access to your Premium account.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hi,

I am a Premium user but after upgrading from iPhone 4s to 5s I am no longer able to access my playlists and seem not be registered as Premium when using the iphone app. Obviously, I am only able to use Spotify Free functionality.

I have tried the following:

Uninstalling the app, then installing it again

Logging out, turning the device off, then turning it on and logging on again (with my user name, not my email address)

I don't use Spotify via Facebook.

iPhone model: ME432KS/A

iOS version: 7.1.1 (11D201)

Any suggestions?

BR, Ola

@olalb Is your account showing as premium on your online overview?

If it is showing as premium then you should be good to go! Sometimes a quick log out and back in again is needed. If you are still having issues, try a clean reinstallation of the application. 

If your account is still showing as free then you have not logged into the account you have upgraded. Double check your details, its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details. If you can't find your account, don't subscribe again as you might be billed twice, instead get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Okay,

Yes, it shows I am a Premium customer in the overview, for the olalb account. So I performed a new clean reinstall, and then logged on again. No improvement.

But what was far worse, when I tried by changing my password in the desktop application I lost all my playlists!

Turns out I have two different accounts, one with the user name olalb and one with the user name 1147813643. The latter one is Spotify Free. They are both - obviously - registered with the same email address. But the thing is, I never log on using my email, I always use olalb, so how can I possibly be transfered into the Spotiry Free account?

Please help me out, this is getting ridiculous!

The username "1147813643" is a Facebook created account which you will probably get to if you log in using your Facebook details.

Peter

I see. So, to summarize:

You are able to see I am a Premium account holder, but now I cannot use my Premium account on neither my iPhone or my desktop computer. I also have a Facebook-created account although I don't use Facebook to log in onto Spotify.  

What is my next step to regain my Premium user status, playlist etc?  

The support guys will need to lend a hand to track down your Premium account I think. You can get in touch via Twitter: @SpotifyCares or email using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Suggested posts