Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium won't work on my iPhone!

Solved!

Spotify Premium won't work on my iPhone!

I downloaded the Spotify app onto my iPhone and got a free 48-hour trial for Spotify Premium. After the trial was over, I decided to buy it because I love it!! So, I installed Spotify onto my computer and bought the Premium version. I'm on the 30-day free trial on my computer now, but I do have a credit card on file. Spotify Premium works perfecly well on my computer, yet the app on my iPhone will not allow me to stream on demand; it says I need to have a Premium account which I do. I logged in and out of my account and tried to connect them over wifi but nothing is working. I use my Facebook to log in to my account, does that matter? Please help!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Have you tried reinstalling Spotify?

If it doesn't work after a reinstall, you can submit a support ticket on the contact form and someone over at Spotify will check your subscription and make sure it's all activated.

Make sure you are logging in with facebook on Spotify not logging in with a username and password, it's very easy to have 2 accounts!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Have you tried reinstalling Spotify?

If it doesn't work after a reinstall, you can submit a support ticket on the contact form and someone over at Spotify will check your subscription and make sure it's all activated.

Make sure you are logging in with facebook on Spotify not logging in with a username and password, it's very easy to have 2 accounts!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I reinstalled the app and it works again!! Thank you so much!!

Hello,

I have Spotify Premium and have been using it on my iphone for sometime, but yesterday the app stopped working.  As I open the application, it appears to begin, but never completes opening and crashes.  I have tried deleting and re-installing but when I try to re-download, the app is just re-installed from the iCloud and the problem persists.  Please Help!

Hi I had premium for last 6mths and then it said yesterday that my account was a free one and all my playlists were greyed out. After a lot of searching I discovered that my card on my PayPal account was the old one that had expired so I'm just after updating it and I had to buy a new subscription to spotify like I did first time and my music is all there to play again.

I have the 30 day free Premium trial but am so confused on which app to connect with my iphone so I can listen to music. I've already paid for one that isn't doing anything except trying to connect me to youtube, pandora and radio. I just want to listen to this on my iphone. Which app do I use to connect? Thanks 

Hi. Download Spotify Music from itunes store then log in with the same credentials you used for your subscription and you should be good to go.

@stabler82 wrote:

I have the 30 day free Premium trial but am so confused on which app to connect with my iphone so I can listen to music. I've already paid for one that isn't doing anything except trying to connect me to youtube, pandora and radio. I just want to listen to this on my iphone. Which app do I use to connect? Thanks 

Suggested posts