Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Radio iphone repeats playlist

Spotify Radio iphone repeats playlist

So I use Spotify radio at the gym, i use the station for artists based on Doctor P (it's good gym music). It appears that the algorithym used to randomise tracks is broken. I constantly get to a point (never sure when it'll happen) where the radio station will recycle ALL of the tracks I have literally just gone through. Whilst it's not a big issue, it does become a pain when I have to skip past the last 20 songs I've just listened to. Sometimes I end up in an infinite loop and I have to quit the station, close the app and then restart to hear a new set of 10-20 songs before they're repeated.. 

Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm running iOS 7.1.1 with Spotify version 1.1.0.2549

Cheers in advance!

5 Replies

It's not an issue we have seen that often on iOS, traditionally it happens on android and desktop, but it is an open bug:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/Android-Desktop-Radio-repeats-tracks/td-p/241950

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same issue. Certain stations r worse than others. Apparently there were only about 30 songs made in the 2000-2010 years because I hear the same ones over and over! Even the ones I dislike over and over!

I have noticed this issue over the last few weeks on my iPhone 5 and it is frustrating.  Let's say I create a new station based on a specific band or song.  When I launch that station later (it could be the same day, tomorrow, etc), the EXACT same songs are played in the EXACT same order as the previous session.  I have to skip through the songs played previously to get to any new songs.  I end up eventually deleting my stations and create new stations.  

The selection of songs is not impressive either, as kle5071 stated.  I would excpect to hear the same song once a month, not several times in the same day.  

I am having this issue as well. I love the '80's music and enjoy listening to this radio station. After about 10-15 songs, the songs start repeating; even if I shuffle and skip through those songs, it just keeps repeating, its and infinite loop. I eventually get frustrated and give up and switch to another station or playlist. I am using iPhone 5S.

What I noticed from the radio is that it only puts 20 songs in the que. Once that is done, the radio stops. Shouldn't the application continue to play songs based in the initial song? Anyone else have this issue?

Suggested posts