Spotify and Apple Watch

Spotify and Apple Watch

AnGaeL
Casual Listener

Hi,

Recent Apple Watch buyer, and obviously disappointed with the app serving as nothing more than a remote to the iPhone.

Well aware of the idea linked below. However not updated since November last year and I feel Spotify owes some kind of a response to Watch owners.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Apple-Watch-Spotify-Streaming-and-Offline-Listening/...

So, reality is, these are two separate items. First is streaming to watch and use headphones, second is offline playback.

Spotify, your turn. What is the latest on this? There is nothing from Apple, holding you back on doing any of these, and you owe an update to device owners on whether you are really coming there that is better than ‘coming soon’ for well over 4 months. Pandora has these FYI, no reason you should not.

64 Replies

Re: Spotify and Apple Watch

Hey @AnGaeL.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are always looking for ways to improve the app. We're also aware of the over 3000 votes that the Idea you linked has.

We can't say if or when certain features will be released, but if you'd like to see Offline playback for the Apple Watch, don't forget to vote for the Idea.

Sorry we can't say more for now. If you have further questions, let us know.

Have a nice day!

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

userDudeGuy
lame... back to apple music...

AppleG
Composer

always the same lyre

The result: now I am happy with Apple Music. 

AnGaeL
Casual Listener

Actually I do not feel this is an acceptable answer, as it says nothing.

I think Apple Watch is a common enough device where Spotify should say something like “not in the next six months.”

I do not think there is a need for definite timelines, but this vagueness is unacceptable.

Whalenrs

spotify I have to leave you because I have this great watch and I cannot listen to Spotify on it with out carrying my phone.   I am not an Apple music fan but like every new technology that competes with the big boys, you can’t whine like a little baby and not be creative and give your users the ability to use your product on those devices that they purchase. You sound like a bunch of blue ribbon babies.  If you are going to cry why don’t you just stop developing for IOS and go to android platform.

Sick of waiting for Spotify to listen to the customers.

s77tas

Couldn’t agree more. This is easily the biggest feature that Spotify are missing right now and should be priority one.

Having to still take my iPhone out running and to the gym when I have my watch on my wrist :see_no_evil_monkey:

toenni13
Regular

That‘s cute. Any updates? Or will you just say that you can‘t say anything for now as you guys said since forever? I just recently cancelled my Spotify subscription and will be using Apple Music unless you just implement these not-so-groundbreaking-and-pretty-basic features to the Apple Watch App. 

toenni13
Regular

That‘s cute. Any updates? Or will you just say that you can‘t say anything for now as you guys said since forever? I just recently cancelled my Spotify subscription and will be using Apple Music unless you just implement these not-so-groundbreaking-and-pretty-basic features to the Apple Watch App. 

mattnager

Sadly, I must agree. 

I'm a long time Spotify user and have been waiting, giving Spotify a chance since January when I bought this watch. If this simple and obvious update to the iWatch App to allow for offline music listening isn't addressed soon, I too will be forced to switch to Apple Music. 

I prefer Spotify...but this oversight is absurd. 

SUGGESTED POSTS