Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone 11 Pro

Operating System

iOS 13.5.1

My Question or Issue

Was using the Spotify iOS app to play music through a Bluetooth speaker and the app crashed halfway through a song. The app now crashes within moments of opening it. I get a flash of the Spotify logo and then the app crashes out. I can’t do a fresh re-install as I can’t open the app long enough to clear the cache. I have tried deleting the app, restarting my phone, and redownloading the app, which hasn’t had any luck. Any ideas? I literally only use Spotify for music so I’m kinda shafted here 😞

6 Replies

I have exactly the same problem...

Exactly the same problem!!! Came here to post it.

Same, Iphone 11, iOS 13.5.1 and did all the above too, just no factory restart as I really do not want to have to re-setup all my other stuff..

I tried this:

1. Open Spotify. In the app's settings (you can access them by going to Home and then tapping the gear icon in the top right corner), tap Storage then Delete Cache.
  2. Head to your device's Settings, then tap General.
  3. Tap iPhone Storage.
  4. Select Spotify from the list of apps.
  5. Tap Offload the app and confirm. This will delete the app but its documents data will be kept.
  6. Then tap Delete App and confirm. This action should delete any leftover documents and data.
  7. Once the app is deleted, press and hold the Side/Top button and either volume button until the power off slider appears.
  8. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  9. After your device turns off, wait a couple of minutes.
  10. Press and hold the Top (or Side) button again until the display turns on.
  11. Switch your device back on and install Spotify from the App Store.

Doesn't work.

Probably Apple or Spotify released an update overnight and it **bleep** the whole thing worldwide

Hey there!

There was a few reported issues surrounding this however this has all been rectified where needed  if your still having issues do let me know however I'd recommend uninstalling the application > Restarting your device > then reinstalling the Spotify app. 

If you're all set, have an awesome weekend!

Best Wishes and Keep Safe,

It’s working again, thanks! 🥳

Suggested posts