Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app keeps redownloading all of my downloaded songs

Spotify app keeps redownloading all of my downloaded songs

This used to not really happen to me but as of recently (last 1-2 months) it keeps happening. During that time I haven't listened to anything on Spotify on my iPhone but I want to use it for Spotify again soon. I haven't started the Spotify iOS app for a while but when I did it said that I was offline (while I never set it to offline) and asked to go back online to verify my premium subscription (which wasn't expired at the time) and after it went online all of my downloaded songs were gone. I redownloaded them but later on it kept happening even though it didn't go offline or ask to go online, it just keeps redownloading my songs every few days. I had about 2000 songs downloaded and I don't want to keep having to redownload them every time. More than half of my iphone storage is free. I also only ever downloaded song on my iPhone and not on other devices. I'm looking for a way to fix this and prevent the app from redownloading the songs every time.

1 Reply

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Suggested posts