Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Auto Downloading Discover Weekly

Solved!

Auto Downloading Discover Weekly

On iOS, if I was to leave my spotify open overnight, would my discover weekly update and download the new songs when the playlist updates, or do I have to reopen or something.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm pretty sure you would have to open up the playlist after your DW has updated and then the changes will show up. That's usually how it works for me even if I leave the Spotify app open in the background. I think it would take too much battery if Spotify constantly checked for updates in the background.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

I'm pretty sure you would have to open up the playlist after your DW has updated and then the changes will show up. That's usually how it works for me even if I leave the Spotify app open in the background. I think it would take too much battery if Spotify constantly checked for updates in the background.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It would be nice to have the option to do this automatically for you each week.  You wouldn't have to constantly check for a new playlist because Spotify knows when the lists are updated, so just check once each week when you get a new discover weekly.  Apps are able to check for things like version updates without constantly using the battery.

Suggested posts