Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app shows different song playing from what's playing via Connect

Spotify app shows different song playing from what's playing via Connect

NOTE: This isn't specific to iOS, as the desktop app has the same issue. It seems to be an issue with Connect rather.

When I'm playing a shuffled playlist, radio, or Daily Mix to a Spotify Connect device (Audiocast dongle), at some point, the apps (phone and computer) will show a different track playing from what's actually playing. The only way to reconcile this is to pause, play locally to the device, then reconnect to the Connect device.

Is this a known bug, or something that can please be fixed? Thank you!

22 Replies

Hi, 

Yes I'm running the latest app software. 

I'm using it on a Samsung galaxy s20+ which is fully up to date.

The only trouble shooting I did was to skip track which did work buy still showed the song it was "frozen" on. 

I then close the app down and restart before clearing cache. 

Bizarre!!!!

Hi @archapman2001

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

In this case, we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app following the steps in the link @Jeremy shared previously. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind trying with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, I am having the same issue, but - it happened only once. 
I started my release radar and played the songs. Then a song came up I really, really loved.
It was a kind of Zelda remix from songs from ocarina of time OST with electric guitar, drum base, piano. I loved it so much.
I was only confused it showed me that the song was from Mattia Cupelli who didn't do such remixes. The song was called "the dawn of men" - but I liked it and shared it. When it came to an end I just used the button to go to the start of the song - and suddenly I was listening to the real song from Mattia Cupelli, which btw is really disturbing.
I really couldn't figure out how this happened or what even happened. Also the song I loved is not in my previously listened list. Do I even have the tiniest chance to find that song with the correct name ever again?
Kind regards, Espor

Suggested posts