Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify automatically saved albums on iphone when 'saved'

Solved!

Spotify automatically saved albums on iphone when 'saved'

I start using Spotify (premium) today and spotify automatically downloads albums on iphone when 'saved' - it doesn't matter of the "offline mode" is off or on. why is that? And what good is the "offline mode" for then? I would love to have a big library and save some albums on the phone to go out so that it won't use data.

So when I'm offline some songs have green arrows, some don't, but they play all. (I don't have any music on my phone from itunes)

Nicolas

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Brussels and welcome to the community!

I guess you enabled offline mode for all songs saved to the "Your Music" section. When you are on your homescreen with all your playlists, swipe to the left to get to your songs and you see on top if offline is activated. If so and you want to save albums on the go, you should disable sync over mobile data in your settings. You can also create playlists and just add the albums you want to have outside and set it on offline.

By the way, the offline mode makes sure you can't play any other tracks than downloaded ones. It doesn't stream anything.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Normally it should only sync when you've enabled 'Available offline'. When music is saved for offline use, Spotify doesn't stream it. This means that your data connection won't get used for that song.

When you enable Airplane mode on your phone, the songs with the green arrow should play as they are marked somehow for offline use.

I know... The problem is that every sing plays offline and i haven't selected any for offline...
Marked as solution

Hey @Brussels and welcome to the community!

I guess you enabled offline mode for all songs saved to the "Your Music" section. When you are on your homescreen with all your playlists, swipe to the left to get to your songs and you see on top if offline is activated. If so and you want to save albums on the go, you should disable sync over mobile data in your settings. You can also create playlists and just add the albums you want to have outside and set it on offline.

By the way, the offline mode makes sure you can't play any other tracks than downloaded ones. It doesn't stream anything.

This is happening to me and it's annoying!  

I have albums "saved" in Spotify on my laptop.  When Spotify is in "offline" mode on my phone, I can see them but they don't download.  But as soon as I go online in Spotify on my iphone, they automatically download and I don't want them too (not enough room on my phone).

Did you figure out a solution?

you have to log on at a desktop at spotify.com

The go to "offline devices" on the left hand menu and remove the device (eg iphone). This will stop all your songs downloading. 

Then go to "Artists" on your phone in spotify and then you can download any songs you have "saved" on spotify.

Just make sure you have wifi so you don't get charged data.

Suggested posts