Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify can’t be deleted

Spotify can’t be deleted

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 13.5.1

My Question or Issue

Hi, After Spotify kept crashing this morning, I decided to try and delete the app and thought it would help. I’m not sure how, but only the icon disappears, Yet it’s still in my phone. I can’t get the app back on in my home page unless I soft reset. After I soft reset my phone, the app has something else replacing the icon, lines and circles with a grey background and it still won’t work.

8 Replies

Hey @CatrearBoi, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you attach a screenshot of what you're seeing exactly? And to confirm, you want to use the Spotify app - but aren't able to because of the app being greyed out?

Looking out for your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Forgot to add my reply, but yes, I want to use Spotify but I’m not able to
due to it crashing. If I attempt to delete it and reinstall it, the App
Store says that I can still open the app, even though I can’t.

Hey @CatrearBoi,

No worries.
I'll need to see a screenshot of what you're seeing so I can take a closer look.

If you haven't yet, try restarting your iPhone and see if the issue persists.

You can attach screenshots or screen recordings of what's happening on your end by attaching the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor (attachments section). This way I can take a closer look at the issue. Make sure the screenshot doesn’t show any sensitive info such as payment or personal data.

Looking out for your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I’m not sure why, but I can’t send the other picture. I’m not even sure if this’ll do. And I’ve tried resetting but nothing was changed.

46CB9C7C-EE1F-497C-8265-FCD55840D17F.png

Hey CatrearBoi & Billy-J,

I've encountered the same issue yesterday as well - was listening to my music when Spotify crashed suddenly and after that it kept crashing when I've tried to open it.

After multiple deletions and installations & switching my phone off and on, the app still did not work. I then read an advice online to delete the app and run a soft reset - after which I obtained the same issue where:
- The logo of the app is now a grey background with lines
- On the app store it still registers my phone as having the app (i.e. I can only open but not download it)
- In Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage, there is no indication of Spotify taking up at storage space space, yet I believe there might be some cached data left in the system as I am able to see the recent songs i've played when I hold down the 'grey' Spotify app button

For what it's worth, below are my specifics:
iPhone 6s
iOS: 13.5.1

Hope it helps

Thanks!

Hi,

I have the same issue. Tried to delete and reinstall the app yesterday when there were problems. Now I have the white square as shown in the post above. I delete this and go to the app store to reinstall, I press the open button on Spotify but nothing happens. Have tried soft reset and changing the country name in settings as suggested as a solution when the app has not loaded in the past, these did not work. Thought I would try to get the app back on by attaching the phone to laptop and using the page in iTunes but I can't find the app page anymore, it seems it has been moved. Please help as this is so frustrating - fear I may have to go back to factory settings and start again? Thanks.

Iphone SE (2016)

iOS 13.5.1

Hi Guys. Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Try several of the steps below and if the
one of the steps don't work try the next one

Step 1: Press the Home and Off button at the same time (do it several times)
Step 2: Delete the App Store and reinstall the App Store
Step 3: Contact Customer Service at support@spotify.com

I hope some of these steps will help any of you guys with your app!

Hey all,

Thanks for posting in the Community about this! 

It's good that you've already tried a variety of troubleshooting steps. We'd encourage you to try a clean reinstall.

It's often more effective than just reinstalling and it's definitely worth giving a try. 

Let us know if that makes a difference!

PetyaModerator

Suggested posts