Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify completely stopped working on my device

Solved!

Spotify completely stopped working on my device

iPhone 5s

iOS 7.0.6

WiFi Connection (checked on 2 different wifis and LTE connection)

Premium Membership

everything worked fine 3 days ago. then suddenly the search stopped working. then discovery stopped working. then i couldn't even start a radio station. now i reinstalled the app and everything is gone. playlists are gone and won't even start to load themselves again. my messages are empty. everything basically stopped working completely. NOTHING WORKS! i'm currently pissed beyond belief. what the hell did just happen to my spotify?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hold your lock button and home button for 10 seconds until your iPhone reboots. Once it has rebooted check your Spotify app.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

If you login to the same account on a different Spotify client, is there any difference? Try it out here.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Desktop works fine.

Some depressing screenshots attached.

2C01686D-C944-45D0-B44D-E0A70813C3C9.png
80072BB0-C7C0-438B-A09F-41A61A049445.png
C3AB244B-CC20-4187-8B0C-C714E3D5053D.png
Marked as solution

Hold your lock button and home button for 10 seconds until your iPhone reboots. Once it has rebooted check your Spotify app.

This actually worked. I don't know why i didn't try the "turn it off and on again" approach earlier. perhaps i couldn't imagine why this would help. can you explain why spotify just stops working like that and i need to restart my whole device? thanks anyway.

Sadly, I can't explain how it works...it just works 😛 Well, I'm glad it's working now and I'm glad I could help! Enjoy your music! 🙂

It's hard to tell on Apple devices, but I would imagine the phone isn't clearing apps out of memory which causes you to eventually run out and Spotify to stop working.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

the hard reboot (power button + home button) clears the memory CACHE

...it's basically like rebooting your computer

just for future reference

Suggested posts