Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect not present to connect to stereo

Spotify connect not present to connect to stereo

I am trying to use spotify connect to play music via my iphone on my new yamaha stereo system which has spotify in built in the cdn301 cd player unit.

My iphone is a 4S running iOS 8.4.1 and the latest version of spotify app from March 2016 (5.1.0.1019) with a premium paid account.

The stereo has fully updated firmware and is connected to my modem router directly via an ethernet cable.

I have downloaded a Yamaha controller app and can successfully switch the system on/off and stream music from my iphone itunes library directly to the stereo, so it's not a problem with connecting and communicating via the wifi network.

When i select spotify as the source on the stereo the display indicates that it succesfully connects via the network to spotify.

However, when I try to use spotify connect in the app I am unable to do so as I see no connect button, no devices or options appearing in the now playing screen, nor any menu options in the settings etc that would enable me to find devices to connect.

To my knowledge I have never seen any sign of connect features being available on my spotify app, so it seems to me the problem lies somehow with the spotify app or my iphone settings, but i can't for the life of me work out what to do.

I would appreciate any help as it's frustrating not being able to use this feature of my stereo.

1 Reply

*bump*

Definitely seems to be a problem with my spotify app as have confirmed with other premium subscribers that they see devices option in settings menu and available devices button in the now playing window.... i see neither despite having premium and newest spotify app version

Suggested posts